Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's wrong with Gadget on Air 2?

2»

Comments

• Does anybody know of any other apps besides Gadget and Auria where you can recreate this bug?

I don't have Auria, but I do have Gadget and also access to both an Air 2 and a Mini Retina both running iOS 8.1.2 so I could do a video showing the difference.

In order to display that this is an iOS/Air 2 problem and not an app problem, I would like to make the video with two different apps, but I don't feel like purchasing Auria (which I don't need) just for this ;-)

I'm thinking that a video like that may be able to get some media attention which might entice Apple to fix this sooner rather than later ;-)

• i thing i will upgrade my old Mini to Air 1, not AIr2

• edited January 2015

@Goozoon: If you rely on Auria and/or Gadget then yes...could be better to get Air 1 currently.Otherwise,the 2GB Ram is a HUGE improvement that you feel at every corner.Not sure if i would like to go back to 1GB...guess i prefer to keep it and hope for a fix.

@Peter321:i also would like to make it more public (i would start with Tim from Discchord)but i'll collect more user impressions first.I want to be sure that it's the scrollview bug affecting gadget as well.But it really looks like it and Air 2 users posted nearly the same results with my test.Maybe i'll shoot a mail to Korg as well and see what happens.I would like to get a reaction/confirmation from their side first.

@Air 2 users who would like to contribute to the Korg thread:

https://support.korguser.net/hc/communities/public/questions/202004840-Gadget-starts-to-glitch-with-just-EIGHT-tracks-on-Air-2-test-inside-

• I got this reply from Korg on 15th of December after sending Peter321's first video of the issue in Gadget...

Dear David,

The video you posted a link to gave me the impression you weren’t based in the UK. Apologies for that.

In any case, our development teams has been able to reproduce this issue and they are currently working on a fix for it. This will be introduced via an update in due course.

Best regards,
    Saulo Valerio

• I love how they apologize for the fact that you don't live in Blighty....

• I did some tests and I'm getting glitches on a Mini Retina as well, both devices are running iOS 8.1.2 and the latest version of Gadget.

However there are less glitches on the Mini. I can get it to cut out completely like the Air 2 with 8 tracks, but this takes 16 tracks, and the Mini still does not become completely silent like the Air 2, the sound cuts in and out. To get the same effect as on the Air 2 I have to go to 20 tracks on the Mini!

So the problem seems to not be isolated to the Air 2 (phew!) but it's more pronounced on it.

I'll post a video as soon as it's finished processing.

• Here my test comparing Mini Retina to Air 2:

• edited January 2015

@DaveMagoo: thanks for posting the reply,so there is hope at the horizon...

@Peter321:awesome,many thanks for the video!

Although i'm not sure if it's not more or less normal behavior on Mini retina (well,i would love to have the 16 tracks on Air 2...).The Phoenix is a bit more demanding than others (due to the virtual analog nature and don't forget the unison,it's active in my example preset!).With overlapping notes you have at least 32 notes playing (should be more but i don't know how many notes the unison takes) at once (with 16 tracks).I can imagine if Korg speaks"20-25 tracks normal operation on mini retina" they don't mean "all instruments playin the same notes at once with unison on".

I guess it could be improved on mini retina but it seems like a small gadget and iOS8 issue,while on Air 2 it's much much worse.

• iOS 8.1.3 is out....just in case somebody wants to test and report back :)

But i won't wait long and test it myself,It can only get better.Right?RIGHT? ;-)

fingers crossed that it fixes the scrollview stuff.

• Say it is ok, please

• I'm currently refreshing the mac site threads about the update.I'm not in the mood for backing up 90GB now but i need to be safe that it doesn't brick my iPad ;)

• Updated to 8.1.3, took about 15 minutes. Replayed the Gadget test and got one track farther. Not convincing enough to think its the OS update in IMHO. Still going through apps to test them.

• I see the same behavior on 8.1.3, no improvement here :-(

• Has this bug been fixed now? Was it really an Air 2-specific bug?

• Nothing is fixed and yes,it's most likely the same bug described here: http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/7624/good-news-for-air2-folks/p1

While i can work arround that in Auria,Gadget is quite unusable to me without freezing the shit out of it.