Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vecoto_Stormrider - live recording through Turnado and Harmony Voice

edited January 2015 in Creations

Thought I'd share this here since it's largely thanks to my iPad and Audiobus that I even attempted to play it live. I used a fairly simple electric piano-ish patch on my Alesis Fusion and ran it through Turnado on my iPad. My vocals went through Harmony Voice, with MIDI control of both apps from the Fusion. My iPad was hooked up to the iO Dock II for MIDI and audio, with Audiobus controlling the app routing.

I subsequently ran the recording through Final Touch and Master Record. It remains fairly lo-fi, but it was an entirely live recording, which isn't something I've done much of with my solo stuff, so I'm happy enough with the results.

Comments

• edited January 2015

@Vecoto Like it. Would like to hear a studio version of the same song. I love the lo-fi benefits but, of course, would like the hi-fi gloss (especially on the vocals)...

• @JohnnyGoodyear Thanks for listening. I've not done a studio version of it yet. I'm not sure my vocal cords can ever manage hi-fi, but working on a slightly more refined and produced version of the song is something I'm keen to try when time allows.

• @Vecoto You have everything you need. Go buy another pound of self-confidence and get on with your work :)

• Haha, thanks! I'll try to :)

• Beautiful simple melody and a great voice (a little something of Peter Gabriel that I appreciate particularely). The live and low-fi sound isn't a problem at all. Instead it adds a lot of charm to the ambience. Simplicity and emotion, I like it very much. Thanx @vecoto !

• edited January 2015

This sounds like a great song, I'd like to here just a touch more production. In scooping out some frequencies to ride the vocal a little higher. I kinda like LoFi that's a little more Hifi as @JohnnyGoodyear has already said. Kinda reminds me of Dr. Dog who do a Lofi kinda production. Saying all that it's a great live performance and sublime song.

• @pangolin Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll continue to practice playing it live to get more comfortable with it. Then, when I come to recording and producing it, try to keep a similar vibe but aim for the more hi-fi lo-fi that you both suggested :)

I love how my iPad and a few apps can be so interactive and inspirational to play, and so easy to hook up to my existing setup.

• @ChiffonDoux That's very kind of you! Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it :)

• Great song - particularly like the vocals and the melody.

• @richardyot Thank you for listening and commenting :)

• Love it. Great tune. Think it sounds great just like this but the treble in the vocal makes the effect go a little crazy.

Sounds a bit to me like Alan Sparhawk of Low singing a song with Beach House (in the best possible sense). Hope to hear more.

• @syrupcore I'm flattered by the comparisons you made. Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

• Awesome dude! Very nicely done. (Andy) :-)

• @Oblique Haha, well spotted! Thanks for checking it out :)

• edited January 2015

Vecoto is like a forty-foot tall mechanical heartless bastard full of cruelty and talent. Andy is the guy I play tennis with. There's something in this branding business....