Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Synth Guitar App?

edited January 2015 in App Tips and Tricks

What app do you guys recommend for getting the most realistic synth guitar (primarily acoustic) sounds? Especially something that uses auto play features like GB and works well with midi keyboard. This video shows some very impressive sounds from Sampletank 2 (at about the 2:30 mark): . However, I've read people saying that ST takes up way too much space for iPad, plus I don't want NEAR that kind of price that their full version costs (over $200 I think). I did see some free versions on it though but no idea if they are legit. Any input is appreciated.

Comments

• Check out GuitarCapo+. I don't think Guitarism ever got the MIDI In update but you might look into that one too. Both great sounding apps.

• I actually like to have real guitars on my recordings but both Guitarism and Guitarcapo+ are fun to play around. Also this video from the great Derek Buddemeyer may be of help:

• iFretless Guitar, I can't get on with Guitarcapo +

• All cool apps. iFretless is particularly creative imo. Is there an add-on that expands garageband's smart guitar options?

• Jam Maestro is very powerful.

„Jam Maestro – gitarre tab sequenzer“ von David Blake
    https://appsto.re/de/Ji9JJ.i

Sometimes the price drops and the lite version is available for free

• +1 on Jam Maestro. No, wait ... +2. Sounds good in a mix and great for composition as well.

• I have gotten some decent guitar stuff out of Guitarism, but it doesn't have those other features.

• Don't forget bs-16i, plenty of additional sound fonts too on the net. Seems to always work with everything as well.

• I love bs-16i... I use it to 'open in' MIDI files for taking them apart & AudioCopy various tracks over to GB in order to redo them with the GB instruments (though a lot of the time the bs-16i sounds do a good job on their own).

• @Brain said:

I love bs-16i... I use it to 'open in' MIDI files for taking them apart & AudioCopy various tracks over to GB in order to redo them with the GB instruments (though a lot of the time the bs-16i sounds do a good job on their own).

Sounds interesting. I'd probably have to see a video of this to understand exactly what you mean though. Still too much of a noob.

• @Brain Now I get that process. Do you use Auria? I was wondering if you can use GB copy function to copy/paste into Auria since sharing the whole song just imports it as a single track.

• cantor , synth x , geosynth, fretless guitar , all great my friend

• Protrax classical guitar sound font with bsi. Even has fret noise etc. it's really good. Next best option is sample tank in my opinion.
    If you want the sound font let me know?

I use it all then with my Jamstik.

• Thanks dblonde, I managed to find that sound font and it is very nice!

• For lead guitar, the other day I was using Thumjam, a mighty fine emulation indeed, very expressive. Used it to play logic synth guitars via Bluetooth, stunning.

• @dobroz said:
    Brain Now I get that process. Do you use Auria? I was wondering if you can use GB copy function to copy/paste into Auria since sharing the whole song just imports it as a single track.

No - I have an iPhone, hence no access to Auria. I'd love to work with it, the way they go on about it around here!

I don't know GB through and through, but I know that you can copy bits from one GB song file to another (to my surprise and delight) - but I think the answer to the question is no - heck, GB can't even act as an AB output.
    I found some related info here: http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9596

• @oceansinspace I don't think I've checked all of those you mentioned--Thanks

• @dblonde Thanks! I need to learn what the best way to use soundfonts is. That sounds like it might be the best solution.

• @Brain ...got some good input from the Auria board. We'll see if GB is worth the trouble in the long run. Thanks!

• @dobroz said:
    Brain ...got some good input from the Auria board. We'll see if GB is worth the trouble in the long run. Thanks!

You're welcome! My needs will be markedly different from others, but GB is still doing it for me. I might incorporate MultiTrack DAW and/or Music Studio someday (once I grok the UI in them!), but until then... the only thing holding me back is me.