Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone ringtones from Audioshare?

I made and edited a bunch of ringtones in Audioshare. I can't seem to find a way to make them show up on my iPhone as ringtones. I tried going through Dropbox, emailing them to myself, a few different file formats, and nothing seems to work. Ideally I'd like to do it directly without using iTunes on a laptop. Thanks.

Comments

• Not sure, but maybe there's something in these Garageband instructions that will help you get it done.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH17218

• @telecharge I know that you must surely be a bot, but a kind and attentive one. I am finding this Siri a little slow on the uptake. May be looking for a replacement. Just mentioning it.

• Will work for iTunes credits.

• Record them into GarageBand via Audiobus

• edited January 2015

^ this should do it. Or maybe even just copy/paste into a blank audio track in Garageband.

Only GarageBand on iOS can export to your ringtone list.

• Garage band worked, thanks.

• edited January 2015

Didn't know the GarageBand method.

I always did this:

1) Mix to Mono

2) Trim to 30 seconds

3) Save as AAC / *.m4a (in iTunes you can export an AAC version of a song with a right-click)

4) Rename file to *.m4r

5) Drag into iTunes

6) Sync to phone

• Just tested copy/paste from audio share to GB via general pasteboard - it works fine :smiley:

So if GB is the only app allowed to export to ringtones, this must be the easiest way from sound to ringtone.

Now, if only they would update GB to support the new Files app and allow you to load in samples/audio files directly, you could create a folder of ringtones that could easily be loaded.

• @Peter321 said:
    Now, if only they would update GB to support the new Files app and allow you to load in samples/audio files directly, you could create a folder of ringtones that could easily be loaded.

I bet that is on the horizon for GB.

• yep I just did it the other day. just load up your sample in garageband trim it up and save it as a ringtone.

• iTunes makes playlists of your favorite songs, so it makes sense to use one as your ringtone. If you want to get free iPhone ringtones, you can use iTunes to create ringtones as below.
    Open and update iTunes > Choose a song > Add the start and stop times > Create an AAC version > Copy the file and delete the old one.
    Or you can add ringtones for iPhone 6 or other iPhone device from your computer by doing the following things.
    Firstly, you need to go to Settings > Tap Sounds & Haptics > Tap Ringtone. Then, you will see your current iPhone ringtone > Choose the ringtone you prefer, and tap it to change that.

• @Martygras said:

@Peter321 said:

I bet that is on the horizon for GB.

YEP! - just released :)

• edited January 2018

To add a ringtone to iPhone including iPhone X/8/8 Plus etc., I would like to promote you to use this iPhone Ringtones Maker which allows you to download ringtones to your iPhone with ease.

• I use audacity on the laptop to save as m4a then rename as m4r and transfer with ifunbox. I think you can use garageband but aint no one got time for that