Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy on the bus soon....

Anyone installed the PC/Mac sound banks on ipad ?

Comments

• Not too sure what you mean. I've installed some custom sounds i created using Alchemy for PC but they aren't the same as they are on PC. The presets just don't transfer very well for the most part.

• I connect my Alchemy Pro for controlling wireless my Mac version & Work really cool and after my Mac alchemy preset are inside my iOS version :-)

• I was looking at the soundbanks available for PC/Mac and noticed some really interesting ones that aren't available for ipad.

My thoughts were if I were to purchase one of the soundbanks and copy it via iTunes file share to my ipad how would it stack up against the PC/Mac.

It says on Camels site that any soundbanks bought for PC/Mac can be transferred to ipad but some may work and some may not due to certain restrictions such as the lack of the spectral audio engine.

So I just wondered if anyone had transferred PC/Mac soundbanks to iPad and how much of the quality and presets are lost?

I guess as you say @Ryan they just don't port very well so there's probably not much point unless I was going to use them on PC/Mac.......

• @DaveMagoo Well, here is the thing though, you can make new presets that will work with iPad using the sounds in the library.. You just can't transfer the factory ones over. So it may still be worth getting them if you are willing to take the time to manually make presets. I'm not sure which functions of Alchemy for PC/MAC cause the problems exactly.. I'm guess it's the pad controller, not sure if that's what you call it, maybe the magic Alchemy 1-8.. lol so perhaps it's some of the FX.. In my own preset creating I found I could load wavs into all the osc's and add light controlling.. Stuff I recognized from the mobile version like pitch shift, delay, verb, etc.. and they'd transfer fine and sound great on iPad. But almost everything I found on the net didn't work at all..

• edited April 2013

@Ryan if you have an account you can download the Alchemy player factory samples and presets v1.5 and transfer them via iTunes to your ipad.
    They show in a Separate factory preset folder and contains approx 200 presets some of which are duplicates of what are already in alchemy mobile.

Also if you try to install any soundbanks you haven't purchased with the registered Camel account on your alchemy mobile app on ipad they will not work. Pretty smart move by Camel.

Have you tried this ? If not its worth it for an extra 200 presets.

I should add the file is approx 565mb for the samples and approx 1mb for the presets.

http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/Alchemy_Mobile/Can_I_load_sounds_created_on_Alchemy_desktop_version_into_Alchemy_Mobile

• @DaveMagoo Oh. I think you misunderstand me. I don't need your help to add presets. I was trying to help you because I have done this before.Yes I've tried everything, Once again, you can load all those presets but most will not work. Best of luck.

• Oops hehe,

Thanks for your help Ryan.

My bad!

• LoL It's all good. Sorry man, answered that when i woke up.. Might have came off a little cranky, I didn't mean it that way. Heh I did the same thing you did in transfrering over the factory presets.. I was so excited until I actually went through and tried them and most of them didn't work.. If you've ever controlled your PC version with your iPad version then that's exactly how it'll look when it doesn't load.. :-)

• Ha no worries.

Thanks Ryan.

• Damn...i bought the desktop versions from "Cinematic Impacts" just for ios (iPhone5) and installed it...from 105 presets just 2 doesn't work...great so far. Then i installed the free "Camel Taste" and there also 99% from all presets (120 presets, 5 from each genre) works and sound awesome!! I was very impressed by the "Himalaya:Pads" and bought it also for 49€ (yeah and that just for ios...have no desktop tools) but sadly here no one of the 150 presets (beside the 5 from the camel taste) will appear....WTF....but somewhere was written that all should work (beside some very cpu heavy things). Means that i wasted 49€ :O ?!?

• ...Ha ha...i'm an idiot...i solved the problem. I just forgot to install the preset file again! All is fine...means i could buy all presets for desktop and most will work on ios too;) ...at least on an iPhone 5!
    Cheers!

• Oh dear that means I'm gonna be flirting with the idea of buying these now ! Aaaaaaargh...

• @DaveMagoo same here! Haha I'm at least waiting for the update because they said some more instrumental sounds are included