Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy as Input and Output... Bug?

I swear I used to be able to record into Loopy as an output and also have it play back as an input through some FX, in both positions at once. I even tracked down the youtube video showing how to do this by turning off Headphone Monitoring in Loopy.

Now any time I try to load Loopy's main out as an output and input in AB the sound drops out, if there is something in the FX slot. The only way it works is by loading Loopy's individual track outputs as separate AB input slots by specifically selecting each of them in Audiobus, while Loopy's Combined System Output option does not work as an input in AB. I've repeated this with NLog, Audulus, and iPulsaret as FX.

Anybody else seeing this? Any ideas if this is expected behavior?

Comments

• edited April 2013

Is this a 'fresh' installation of Loopy? If not, please do that. Maybe you've got some old settings in there that cause this behaviour with the new version.

EDIT: Actually, I can reproduce this. I've told Michael.

• Thanks, I wasn't sure if this was a question for the AB forum or over at Loopy's house... But since you're all pals :-)

• I kind of know Michael a little, yeah.

• Derp! Thanks for the head-up @smirky, I'm-a gonna go look into this.

• Hi Michael, like very much your ultimate update of Loopy, rewerse Work good, but Decay dont change nothing, di you think is a bug?

• Thanks guys! Glad to find out I'm not crazy over here :-)

• Just confirming that I'm experiencing this too (appears to have started after the 1.4 update, Loopy->FX->Loopy still works on 1.3 I have running on an older iPad)

(I hadn't spotted this thread, so started my own here, sorry for the dupe: http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/804/loopy-effects-loopy-is-broken-after-loopy-hd-1-4-update)

• Same thing here.
    Just happened after I purchased and installed Magellan.

¿Hmm?

Some conflict in somewhereland?

P.

• Update: This is fixed in the upcoming version. Will be releasing very soon.