Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland tr 8 advice

Hey guys and gals. I've had a terrible thing happen. Before even being turned on for the second time, my Roland tr 8 has had diluting juice splashed over it - from my flailing sleep waving arms... Bizarre, so I won't go into it. Anyway, I thought I would leave it to dry, but noticed that the only place where the water had gathered was in about the 16 plastic buttons on the bottom if the unit. After they had dried, the action is hopelessly sticky. I've had a good bash at squirting servisol down the sides of these to some degree of success. Some buttons were more persistent than others though and I tried squeezing my thumb nail between the key and the plastic face to try and scrape any residue off. Now I have lost almost all th action on two of my buttons. While most are just sticky, two are mainly hard to push down, stiff if you will - I have probably moved something. I'm convinced the unit itself Is absolutely fine though it's an anxious wait. Should I just send this to Roland to fix and can they replace these keys easily? I would ask on their forums but I'm not a member and they don't sccept new membership until Monday! ANY advice here guys? I know a handy man who could probably fix it but I don't really want to hassle him for his time on this. how long do Roland normally take to fix something like this and are they pricey? I've clearly lost the warranty in it anyway so don't mind paying a reasonable price to have it fixed.

Thanks in advance,

Palmer eldritch

Comments

• Ouch. Sorry!

Have you tried qtips and alcohol? Not tequila.

• You might want to make an account on Gearslutz or Reddit and join us in r/synthesizers and ask there.

• Warranty is lost, i'd disassemble and clean all the pads and contact surfaces with Zippo fluid. I was repairing old nikkor lenses and used zippo, with perfect results.

• edited January 2015

Ive been able to fix quite a few liquid damaged Macbooks by cleaning thoroughly with Isopropyl alcohol, including some that were really sticky from soda or beer spills. Sorry to hear about that Tr-8. :(

• Contact Roland for tech support and ask them what kind of cleaning spray you should use for these contacts...do not use zippo fluid or isopropyl alcohol,even a generic cleaning spray can damage certain contacts...

• edited January 2015

@Korakios said:

Contact Roland for tech support and ask them what kind of cleaning spray you should use for these contacts...do not use zippo fluid or isopropyl alcohol,even a generic cleaning spray can damage certain contacts...

Ahh yes, was absent minded when I wrote that, definitely contact Roland first about what cleaner to use.

• Korakios, what you have damaged with zippo fluid, please? Or isopropyl?
    They not gonna advice you what to use, beleive me