Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy looks like it will be dead post Jul 7 2015

Comments

• Let's hope it's not all down to money, if this is the way of showing loyalty because that is a two way thing, yes they have the right to sell what's theirs, but then where would that leave their 'ethics'. Even lower than the privateers I think.

• I have no problem with an Apple buy-out, far preferable to me than a Samsung or Google buyout. But it's really all just speculation until/unless more information comes along. Camel said they are going out of business. While the lack of preamble or elaboration is disappointing, it's hardly unprecedented in the business world.

Believe me, I'd love to see Alchemy on iOS continue and thrive. Personally, I'm still holding out for a Hostess Twinkie style scooping up of assets by some company with the pockets and reason to believe there's money to be made by swooping in and rescuing the Alchemy brand.

None of this thinking rules out a buy-out replete with NDA, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The evidence for a done-deal buyout is not extraordinary. Not yet, anyway ... ;)

• ^^ Oh and what Doug said about the product simply disappearing for those who've invested. Pretty far from smooth, CA.

• Maybe this was as much a shock to them as it is for us, we obviously don't know the full story yet. However it would have been really nice to give at least some heads up for those of us who would have wanted to purchase the iap's before they are no longer available.

• Yeah it's all just speculation atm that's for sure but i thought it was confirmed or is it the rumor mill in full swing? :P

• My only (theoretical) worry now is I did not update Alchemy to the last version before it was pulled. A bit wary on updating lately... So can anyone tell me how Alchemy last version was on 7.1.2 (I have ipad mini) ??

Just the other day it crashed, for the first time, otherwise the only problem is that it takes a lot of time to load.

Amazing synth, will never delete it, nor update ios unless I (wishful thinking) get the last update...

• edited January 2015

More Apple buyout speculation...

Apple has been acquiring an increasing number of companies the past few years, and spending far more to get them. Source:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/12/16/everything-we-know-apple-inc-bought-in-2014-and-wh.aspx

A buyout of Camel Audio would keep in step with that.

Edit: Apple has a Conference Call on January 27th. Maybe we'll find out then.

• edited January 2015

Ah Irony, your sarcastic sting...

just opened up the thing and...

• Nice! Of course, there's nowhere to leave a review.

I am pretty sure that alchemy is not totally dead, and I have a feeling that those choosing not to get refunds right now may have something worth hanging on for. Of course, I could be wrong. Either way, I'm pretty sure life will continue, but if it rains for a few days in a row you may want to study ark building. ;-) "Noah, How long can you tread water?"

• @JohnnyGoodyear I'd opt for remind me later ;)

• @JohnnyGoodyear - you should have pressed Rate Alchemy to see what would have happened as the app has been pulled from the App Store.

• Forgive me if this is repeat data, but I checked, and if you go to the AppStore on your device, Updates -> Purchased, Alchemy still appears to be downloadable. Useful for anyone who lost their IPA file, but unfortunately doesn't help in the IAP department.

• @FrankieJay said:

@JohnnyGoodyear - you should have pressed Rate Alchemy to see what would have happened as the app has been pulled from the App Store.

Ben appears with a personal apology. :P

• I think I dreamt this last night....

• This was posted on Kvr but i thought i'd post it here in case anyone doesn't know or isn't still following. From Twitter:

Chris Randall ‏@Chris_Randall Jan 11
    People I trust implicitly have told me that Camel was purchased by you-know-who, and will be rolled in to That Which Shall Not Be Named.
    0 replies 13 retweets 12 favorites
    Reply Retweet13 Favorite12
    More
    disconnector ‏@disconnctr Jan 11
    @Chris_Randall "Gibson" and "obsolescence"
    0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    More
    User Actions
    Follow

Chris Randall
    @Chris_Randall
    @disconnctr Nope. Think "Redmatica."

:-|

• edited January 2015

I hadn't heard of Redmatica, but a quick search shows that Apple bought them. So, if true, Alchemy will likely get rolled into Logic, and iOS is ???

• Don't know why but i'm in a mood for an APPLE now...

• That's what I've thought the entire time. It's really the only explanation for a company the size of Camel to just vanish off the face of the planet like that. Only a few companies with that kind of pull to convince a company to drop all support without any kind of real explanation to their loyal user base. I'm guessing the conversation took place atop a mountain of unmarked bills.

• I'm pretty dense. Can someone fill in the blanks for me. Purchased by?? Apple? Rolled into Garageband?

• Wouldn't rolled into Omnisphere make more sense? Doesn't seem like a good fit for something embedded in GB.

• It was obviously a buyout - otherwise, under any other circumstances Camel would have told their userbase what was going on.

Whatever happens, I really hope that Alchemy on iOS has a future.

• Considering the size of Alchemy on iOS, I can't see it getting rolled into anything. Maybe rebranded?

• @telecharge said:

Considering the size of Alchemy on iOS, I can't see it getting rolled into anything. Maybe rebranded?

As long as everything I bought for the app transfer it's cool with me.

• GB iOS modulchemy?

• Maybe this is something for the mythical iPad Pro, Logic IOS, a launch title and Logic Desktop, to replace the ageing sampler, or at least give it some umphhh!

• @musikmachine said:

This was posted on Kvr but i thought i'd post it here in case anyone doesn't know or isn't still following. From Twitter:

My guess? Apple will wait for Logic Pro 11 to roll it out. Highly doubt they'd update 10 with a massive update like the addition of Alchemy. Plus by the time 11 comes out we may also see Logic iOS.

• If apple has bought out camel audio it kind of makes it worse from my view with the way it was handled on ios and not being able to access the libraries, app and pro upgrade. It came out the blue so nobody had time to prepare if say they had deleted alchemy to save space on their ios devices, or bought a new ipad and didn't have a backup.

While I use a mac for music production it would be a right pita if I was just solely on pc wondering what the future for alchemy on windows will be, especially going by what happened with emagic. Even though I'm on a mac I wonder what the future for camel space which I love and camel phat is going to look like, hopefully alchemy ios/desktop, space and phat will still be around in one form or another and not just the tech getting incorporated into logic or main stage.

This is just all speculation on my part going by the rumours, but if true things could and should've been handled better than what happened imo.

• edited January 2015

Would be great if Apple could host backups of the old Alchemy as well. Wouldn't be that big a deal for them, and would be a nice gesture moving forward for people considering their products in the future. Yeah, people might still begrudgingly move on to the new Logic/Alchemy combo assuming that combo will exist, but if Apple backed up the old first people would think "Wow, nice!" and be much more apt to buy future releases.

This is a big deal. I already knew Alchemy was a giant in the industry (well, synth industry) and I have seen people blindsided by this move, people who used Alchemy to contribute to their livelihood. If Apple just steamroles those people I imagine there will be backlash, to what extent who knows. Still would be nice to see them handle the transition with consideration.

Then again, if they just add it to Logic Pro 11 and keep the price low like they do already, that wouldn't be a bad solution either. Remember, Alchemy 2.0 supposedly was due out soon, so we'll probably see that version (or something like it) rather than the old Alchemy.

Way too much speculation here. :)