Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy looks like it will be dead post Jul 7 2015

Comments

• edited January 2015

@monzo said:

@Cinebient said:

@Flo: No question...sure... and we all know that there happens tons of these things in the world each day. Of course this is a "real" problem. I just think these things don't belong into a music forum.

Oh I don't know - we're all moaning about the loss of an app while others are mourning dead relatives. Puts it all into perspective innit. Everything is connected, even if you wish it wasn't.

Was anyone here really losing perspective?

• @monzo: You're also right of course. But this was just my meaning. It's of course O.k. if everyone disagree. Really, i'm not a cold hearted guy and i feel with the people there REALLY!

Back to topic... i just hope that in any form the amazing work of these Camel Audio guys will see the light again, even if they work for other companies or whatever. I wish them luck and success in their next way and hope they are doing fine.

• At the risk of further derailing this thread I'll add that 21,000 children per day die from a lack of adequate nutrition. That's just an abstraction unless you happen to be one of them. In 2015 we're getting to be geniuses at gadget development, but as a species we still sort of suck.

• Actually that number is from "preventable causes" not just malnutrition. But whatever. Pretty sure not a single one died due to a problem with an app...

• edited January 2015

@1P18 said:

@monzo said:

@Cinebient said:

@Flo: No question...sure... and we all know that there happens tons of these things in the world each day. Of course this is a "real" problem. I just think these things don't belong into a music forum.

Oh I don't know - we're all moaning about the loss of an app while others are mourning dead relatives. Puts it all into perspective innit. Everything is connected, even if you wish it wasn't.

Was anyone here really losing perspective?

Did I say they were?

@Flo26 said:

Sorry for bringing bad vibes....excuse me.

Doesn't bother me Flo, sometimes there's so much bad stuff going in it kinda creeps into the good things. Nothing wrong with a bit of reflection and perspective (not that I'm saying anyone needs it, lacks it, or is losing it).

• So, back to the topic ;-)

• I got my money back,apple support quick and examplary as usual (at least in my experience).Guess i'll spend some of the money on Z3TA+ now (well,after it's working again).

• @Tickletiger said:

Johnny Goodyear, fascinating yarns as ever.
    Working in a Nissan Hut paints a very different picture to working in a Nissen Hut
    I wonder which it was, or is the memory now lost in the mists of time?

Good spot there young Tiger. I always like to leave one piece of thread unwoven in my tapestry of lies to allow for its untangling (and to salve the scant remains of my conscience). However, never forget that rectangular furniture does not fit into a curved-wall house very well, and, thus, the actual usable space in a hut might be much less than supposed.

• So now Alchemy is gone. Is one allowed to share the iap's if one has bought them previously since you can not download them anymore?

• edited January 2015

Let the body-stripping begin,lol.

Not even cold yet.

• Thanks for sharing that @synthandson

• Nice! Bookmarked!

• Deserves a temp sticky in my opinion.:-)

• Thank you @synthandson. Also good to know that they still seems to answer at support.

• Restored pro upgrade sounds via the post above from Synthopia. So that is appreciated. IAPs? No dice with that one.

Lessons learned: back up, back up, back up.

• The free bonus iap still downloads, they may have had to take the other iaps off line to stop purchases, hope floats

• Chris (Ugo) who works/worked at Camel audio used to write synth/fx plugs, and the best for me was "String Theory". Still use it, but that plug is just great. I hope we hear something soon.

• My stars, this really upset a lot of apple carts (no pun overtly intended). One admittedly awesome app, but still, just one. And yet I'm every bit as troubled over the whole affair as anyone else. Is it the unexpected/unexplained nature of CA's demise, the awesomeness of Alchemy on iOS, or the nagging fear this is a portent of things to come on our current creative platform of choice? Hard for me to say ...

• edited January 2015

These apps are ours you see. We make things with them that (sometimes) answer questions in our own heads and (sometimes) soothe us or, for a little while anyways, set us free. We get quite possessive of them. Don't appreciate them being killed. It's that old thing (well, it was in my family): I may call my grandmother a cow, you may not.

• Another thanks to @synthandson I've now done a backup of Alchemy and all my IAP's onto my computer, thankfully I've never deleted them off my iPad.

• Maybe Apple has removed Alchemy from the app store because of a huge number of complaints and refunds.

• I received this mail from @camelaudio yesterday:

Thank you for your support - sorry you've had problems with this. We are aware of the current issue regarding restoring in-app purchases and working on fixing it.

Apologies again for the temporary inconvenience.

Thanks.

• @Cemaro said:

I received this mail from @camelaudio yesterday:

Thank you for your support - sorry you've had problems with this. We are aware of the current issue regarding restoring in-app purchases and working on fixing it.

Thanks.

This is encouraging. Thanks for the heads up.

• edited January 2015

@klangsulfat said:

Maybe Apple has removed Alchemy from the app store because of a huge number of complaints and refunds.

But the complaints and refunds requests are coming from people that already bought Alchemy,so i think it was CA themselve.Maybe it was a mistake to claim a refund from my side,maybe they are coming back under a new brand and then it will be more expensive than before (due to new taxes)but i couldn't care about this.The lack of any information/communication was/is just not acceptable and therefore i don't like to pray for it when there was still a chance to get my money back.Their fault/problem,not my.

• I received this mail from @camelaudio yesterday:

Thanks.

Normally, with Camel Audio, if they say this, they normally do what they say they are going to do. Tho it take a little time, on the history of when they updated Alchemy, & when there were bug problems ...... But, positive news in any case.

• @Crabman, I believe under the current circumstances you have done the best thing, with hardly a word from CA it's impossible to say what's happened, as to the future, who knows, but if it's a worst case scenario, well Alchemy has only a very limited life left, certainly here on iOS and on Mac OSX. Windows is a little more durable, but even with Windows a new version is planned which could bring problems. One thing we are all aware of here on iOS is how updates break things and not just iOS versions, but sometimes small incremental changes to iOS and apps.

• Yes despite all the flak it gets, Windows is far better than either OS X or iOS when it comes to preserving backwards compatibility. You can safely run ancient programs on the latest Windows release, without encountering problems. iOS has got to be the worst OS I've ever used in this regard, every year everything breaks for a few months, it's really tedious.

• @Crabman said:

@klangsulfat said:

Maybe Apple has removed Alchemy from the app store because of a huge number of complaints and refunds.

But the complaints and refunds requests are coming from people that already bought Alchemy,so i think it was CA themselve.Maybe it was a mistake to claim a refund from my side,maybe they are coming back under a new brand and then it will be more expensive than before (due to new taxes)but i couldn't care about this.The lack of any information/communication was/is just not acceptable and therefore i don't like to pray for it when there was still a chance to get my money back.There fault/problem,not my.

I know companies shut up shop and get bought out but it doesn't seem in keeping with CAs ethos, the always struck me as a grass roots company and have been around for a long time so say this is out of the blue is a massive understatement.

They saying their going out of business is hardly sending the right message if they have been bought out, i mean what are people supposed to think? Surely they'd say they were being bought out or do NDAs not allow even that? It's an odd one, i hope they have and that CA lives on but if it's an Apple buyout i guess everything will be ported to mac/ios.

Cheers.

• IF it's really a buyout from apple then there's a very good chance it will come back cheaper than ever at least ;-)

• Money, money, money....