Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy looks like it will be dead post Jul 7 2015

Comments

• edited January 2015

The pretty little icons on the IAP packs In Alchemy is gone on my iPad. :( OH MY GOOOD WHAT IS HAPPENING A!,,!,

• edited January 2015

@MusicInclusive said:

Additional VAT cost / collection alone is not the issue @monzo, it's the overhead of registration, bookkeeping, disbursements to potentially 28 EU states, new business compliances etc. etc. There's a long KVR thread on it in which several have indicated it being no longer worthwhile to continue.

I'd be interested to see that thread, do you have a link?

I would have thought Apple would simply deduct the tax at point if sale, maybe not. As a business owner, all the other stuff I'm familiar with and effects us all....sounds like he's jumped ship, some days I'm ready to do the same!

If they haven't announced a takeover then the new owners will probably rebrand the software, and after a few tweaks make existing customers buy it all over again, unless there's a clause in the sale against this.

• Re the VAT thing I don't know what % it was but Alchemy mobile was only one of a number of products camel sold.

• edited January 2015

Even their sound designers and beta testers was surprised. I just hope all the guys are well and healthy and please i hope Apple didn't bought them. The whole thing looks like a buy out but of course that's speculation too :)

• EgzEgz
    edited January 2015

If it is a buy out, at least there is some hope. For now it is just sad.

• edited January 2015

@Egz said:

If it is a buy out, at least there is some hope. For now it is just sad.

Whoever bought them will have some more iOS competition once SynthMaster Player arrives for iOS.

• All this speculation and SILENCE, got to be a non-disclosure agreement I'd say, I wonder who owns the intellectual property rights to the IAP's CA or the sound designers or both?, that could cause problems in selling the software maybe.

• I was about to get the pro upgrade a few days ago after two years of keeping the app in my ipad with the factory sounds only but ended up going for nave instead.
    With the current situation it seems like it was the best decision.

• I already asked for a refund.I really dislike to do this now but my 90 days for a refund is over in 1-2 days for the"all soundpacks"and it is already over (but very close) for the pro unlock.I wrote a support mail for the latter.It's just too much money for me while hoping Alchemy continues or not.If the situation is clear,i'll gladly purchase everything again.Most probably ;-)

• I was never a really big user - primarily because it was such a large file for what it does, but a lot of people here use it extensively, and it was nice that it was a totally functional free app as an entry point. People assume this will never happen to the apps we use and love, but I think it's more likely this will inevitably happen to virtually happen to ALL the apps we use, whether it's a year from now, five, ten...

• Searching around, I'm seeing a lot of Apple buyout rumors. Could just be the same rumor in different places though.

If it is Apple I'd be anxious to see what is done and when, because I own Logic Pro and rarely use it. Alchemy would change that.

• What would Apple do with Alchemy do you suppose @1P18 ? Include it as a VA in Logic Pro XI ? O.o Just curious - and would they support the iPad app ? That would be a first outside of GB.

• edited January 2015

@monzo - et al. Just saw this too.

http://www.hollowsun.com/ Check the cartoon. It's a helpful summary.

• edited January 2015

We are creatures of habit and repetition and a thousand years ago when I started the company that even today keeps Mrs. Goodyear in the billiard-sized bonbons she most prefers I was living in a small Nissan hut (ask your dad) with far too many other people and the only place I could plot out my future commercial domination was in the shower.

In this way did my muscle memory of a mind develop an association between business plotting and standing about naked in a small room, which was what I just found myself doing and therein it came to me that I was disappointed with the fact that I wouldn't now ever be able to buy the last few libraries for Alchemy.

It was then that the rapacious businessman standing there in my skin realized that there are really only two possibilities for the situation with this enterprise A) They're in some kind of legal trouble with a cease and desist order (unlikely) or B) There Are Plans Afoot.

If you're going out of business you sell every last banana in the box. Half price if needs be. Plenty of us sad 'former'-customers might have thrown a few extra notes at them if they'd put out a press release saying 'It breaks our heart but we can't even feed the puppies, so we've got to leave you now and work in the orphanage, but while we can't really support them in the future anyone who would like to finish off their collection for posterity/old time's sake should do so now -and cheap!- before we have to put the old dog down etc etc'.

But no.

Pass me a towel Miss Periwinkle.....

• edited January 2015

@MusicInclusive said:

What would Apple do with Alchemy do you suppose @1P18 ? Include it as a VA in Logic Pro XI ? O.o Just curious - and would they support the iPad app ? That would be a first outside of GB.

I assume they'd just rebrand/relabel it and plop it into the next Logic Pro release, maybe even keep the name.

Important to note, Alchemy 2.0 likely wasn't far off.

Oh yeah, also important to note, Apple has fat stacks of cash to throw around. Just ask Dr. Dre.

As for any iPad app, Logic iOS? Maybe to coincide with Alchemy 2.0 Apple also had an iOS version of Logic in the works and thought hmmmm, how can we make a big splash? Buying out Camel Audio would be a belly flop, in a good way, might sting for a bit (the purchase price) but would certainly provide that big splash.

This is all just speculation of course. I really have no idea.

• @richardyot said:

I'm certain they have been bought out.

The more I look at this, the more I am with you. Whoever bought them out;

1) is big, the loss from closing the complete current line is no big deal to them,
    2) wouldn't close the current product line like this unless they were planning on changing it so much the current line is superfluous.

Looks like an Apple, Google, MicroSoft kind of thing to me. Does Apple really need this in Garageband (Yes) or Logic Pro (Yes, its better than ES2)? Maybe to make a Mobile Logic Pro (HELL YES!)

Steinberg, IK, .etc, do they really need a synth this bad? Only Apple and Google tend to do these uber silent buys nobody knows anything about until someone overhears a couple of hackers discussing it in a Starbucks in Beijing.

• @1P18 said:

@MusicInclusive said:

What would Apple do with Alchemy do you suppose @1P18 ? Include it as a VA in Logic Pro XI ? O.o Just curious - and would they support the iPad app ? That would be a first outside of GB.

I assume they'd just rebrand/relabel it and plop it into the next Logic Pro release, maybe even keep the name.

Important to note, Alchemy 2.0 likely wasn't far off.

Oh yeah, also important to note, Apple has fat stacks of cash to throw around. Just ask Dr. Dre.

As for any iPad app, Logic iOS? Maybe to coincide with Alchemy 2.0 Apple also had an iOS version of Logic in the works and thought hmmmm, how can we make a big splash? Buying out Camel Audio would be a belly flop, in a good way, might sting for a bit (the purchase price) but would certainly provide that big splash.

This is all just speculation of course. I really have no idea.

Missed your post while writing mine, agree. They only thing I disagree with is a simple re-branding and dropping into. Apples never works that simple. They have to Apple-a-fy a product first, remove the best features because they are too confusing, add a few new features that make 4&5 year olds giddy, but leave us WTF, redo the UI so its simple like iTunes (ROFL) and then make the background bright white (just like a frigging piece of paper you anthropomorphic morons!) so you can't read anything in it.

Sorry, kind of lost it there, and I just bought a new MacBook Pro for Christmas too so I am a diehard Apple user. Don't even ask me what I think of Windows....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Anyone fancy a coffee?image

I bet its run by a bunch of UNIXs :D.

• This truly depresses me.

• edited January 2015

@BigDawgsByte said:

They only thing I disagree with is a simple re-branding and dropping into. Apples never works that simple. They have to Apple-a-fy a product first

Seems like Logic maintains a certain level of integrity, and if Alchemy 2.0 is indeed ready to go or close to ready, I could see Apple simply integrating that into Logic.

The other thing that screams buyout to me is Camel Audio's farewell, or lack of one. If there wasn't something going on they probably would have given an explanation of some sort instead of the vanishing act.

• edited January 2015

Unthinkable that an app called Alchemy could transform into/under a new brand. ;)

• At the very least we'll have what they leave behind for us!

• @parallaxobject said:

Unthinkable that a company named Alchemy could transform into/under a new brand. ;)

Well played Sir. Unthinkable that none of us numbskulls made that leap already :)

• Except the company is called Camel Audio @parallaxobject - so ... :-)

• edited January 2015

@MusicInclusive said:

Except the company is called Camel Audio @parallaxobject - so ... :-)

Right. Embarrassing. Edited.

• @MusicInclusive said:

Except the company is called Camel Audio @parallaxobject - so ... :-)

It's these sorts of problems that give every one the hump!

• edited January 2015

@MusicInclusive said:

@monzo - et al. Just saw this too.

http://www.hollowsun.com/ Check the cartoon. It's a helpful summary.

Ah thanks @MusicInclusive - I didn't realise they'd have to sort the VAT out themselves, what a nightmare. Useful info, we were thinking of moving into app development this year - probably won't bother now! Can't blame small developers for pulling the plug.

@BigDawgsByte said:

They only thing I disagree with is a simple re-branding and dropping into. Apples never works that simple.

Do we know that Apple has bought them? If not it could be anyone, and if so a quick re-branding of the stock, put straight back on the market with no requirement to support existing customers would provide a tasty profit. Then when they reach the point of low sales and support they can sell it again.

Happens all the time with software companies. We used to use a bit of eCommerce software, cost about £800. We were lucky as we only bought a couple of licenses, but some web agencies bought hundreds. A few years back all sites using it were hacked due to serious security flaws. The company's response? Do nothing, then sell the business leaving existing customers to purchase new licenses to ensure continued support and security updates. One agency we knew went bust over this.

Of course this may not be the case, it may be bought out by a company that continues supporting the existing products.

@BigDawgsByte said:

I just bought a new MacBook Pro for Christmas too so I am a diehard Apple user. Don't even ask me what I think of Windows....

We're moving from Windows to Mac in the office here after the horror of using it for the last 12 years, and the comparative joy of my MacBook Pro. I started on Macs twenty something years ago so it's good to be back in the fold.

• edited January 2015

I don't think that Camel Audio have handled this matter particularly well, to be honest. An out of the blue message with no information is not nearly good enough communication to a loyal and enthusiastic customer base. I hope that more information comes out in the coming days and weeks.

EDIT: I'm the director of an accountancy practice and my company signs up for a credit information service in order to vet potential clients. I'm pleased to confirm that, based on the last accounts filed, Camel Audio was a cash-rich business in no financial trouble with an extremely high rating. So the speculation regarding a buy-out could be correct, or the director may simply have joined a big player and ceased trading as of yesterday.

• I recently re-installed my iPad. I had bought the package with all the sound libraries and the pro version.

I really am at a loss of what to do, as restoring the IAPs in Alchemy does nothing. It's one thing to purchase something that may stop working on a newer OS, but it's a completely different thing to have what you purchased just removed from you without warning, and no way to quickly download and backup (which they have made possible with the desktop version).

Please, does anyone have a workaround?