Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA+ iOS no sound

Happy New Year to all
Running 7.1.2 on iPad Air
Z3TA+ 1.3 no sound, (having worked previously), tried deleting, rebooting etc
Also doesn't load in AB
No Cakewalk support on line for iOS
Any ideas?

Comments

• Having the same problem.
    iOS 8.1, iPad 3.
    I'm 100% sure it was working before, but something changed and now no sound...

• edited January 2015

I have no sound on my iPad Air (ios7 & ios8) and it's incredible !!! Cakewalk must do an update urgently !!!!

• xenxen
    edited January 2015

Confirmed on 7.1.2 on a mini 2.

Open it, press keys, no sound and nothing showing on the meters at the top. I haven't updated for a while.

Bit random!?! And pretty annoying, Z3TA+ was the synth I was focusing on really getting into at the moment. Hmm, ah well, its not like there aren't another couple of dozen apps that need time spending on getting under their skin - I'll have to pick another off the list while the iOS pixies fix things over the ether.

• Seeing it too on iPad4 v8.1.2. Tried various patches. Also not seeing midi input sources.

• original ipad mini v 7.0.3 not working here either. Odd that I have not updated anything that could cause this. It almost seems like a time stamped bug of some sort?

• I just tried it after reading this thread and sure enough.....no go and won't launch from Audiobus.Just goes back to AB screen with tap to launch.Guess it don't like the New Year.IpadAir7.12 Hope Cakewalk is aware.

• I get the same behavior with Z3TA+, no sound, won't launch in IAA as a generator or instrument nor will it stay in Audiobus. iPad Air 2.

• @Tritonman2 said:

original ipad mini v 7.0.3 not working here either. Odd that I have not updated anything that could cause this. It almost seems like a time stamped bug of some sort?

Like a sort of Millenium Bug v1.5?

• It's worse than Y2K

• Anyone able to use it since the first?

• edited January 2015

wow.. just wanted to buy it finally

is it like expired certificate or something?

• Scary - apparently it works in airplane mode and changing date back to 2014.

• @Trueyorky said:

Scary - apparently it works in airplane mode and changing date back to 2014.

Did you actually do this or is this a theory?

• edited January 2015

@Paulinko said:

Did you actually do this or is this a theory?

A guy on FB said it worked for him.

• Yep, just tried. It works!

• incredible! Just weird really.

• @Trueyorky said:

Scary - apparently it works in airplane mode and changing date back to 2014.

Confirmed, in fact it used to work just fine until the other day... Air 2, 8.1.2.

• @Trueyorky thanks for the tip. Hopefully Cakewalk fixes this bug ASAP and Apple is able to push the update through.

• Ha! Who'd have thought it?

Good job Cakewalk don't do Air Traffic Control...

'quick joe - turn off the router, wind the date back, get the pilot on his mobile and tell him to turn 5 clicks left or things could get messy!'

• The obvious problem is Cakewalk are using the 'revised' Mayan calendar, the world has ended, we are now on the moon using our PK powers to make music?

• At least on my PC z3ta hasn't self destructed yet!

• Same problem here. Really strange!

• Please insert coin....

• Wow, this is amazing. I was also looking at buying it in the near future (I assume this glitch will eventually be resolved somehow). I was stubbornly waiting for it to go on sale (which it never did). In the meantime, I've bought FM4, Photophore, Synth-Q, etc. and any other number of synths for $10 or less each, but obviously at amounts that total WAY over $20!

Hard to believe we found an actual year change glitch from 2014 to 2015, when I can't even think of a specific example of an actually Y2K glitch that affected my life in any way.

• edited January 2015

There is a thread on the Cakewalk forums (link below). Suggest it gets added to. Also, submit a support ticket to Cakewalk. (Link to do so is in the thread).

http://forum.cakewalk.com/HAVING-TROUBLE-WITH-Z3TA-IOS-m3140214.aspx

Unfortunately, there's no place for submitting an iPad Z3TA+ issue via the support ticket approach, however, I just answered iPad to all the questions that required platform specifics, and it did submit a ticket.

Of course, on the 1st screen of the tech support form one must agree to a checkbox that says:

"I understand that filling out this form will not put me in contact with technical support"

Huh????? ^^^^^ ????

So, whether anyone is going to read a tech support request or not is uncertain...

And, yes, it appears to be a Y2K+15 issue. Setting to 2014 appears to work.

• No sound here either.

Feels like the app has a built-in 'license-timer' that is malfunctioning.
    Who knows maybe we'll be asked to pay Yearly IAP to extend the license...

• hahaha was about to write something similar.

• Hello,

We just became aware of this issue.

There is a workaround, for the time being:

1. Open: Settings
    2. Go to: General, Date & Time
    3. Turn off: Set Automatically
    4. Turn back the clock to Dec 31st 2014, or anytime before that.
    5. Open Z3TA+

We are looking into this and will have a fix as soon as possible. This bug seems to only be affected by the time change. Tested this workaround on several iPads, iOS 7 & 8, and it will work as long as the date is not past Dec 31st 2014.

Apologies for any inconvenience!

Stay tuned for a fix!