Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's Next? Videobus?

Now, wouldn't that be sweet so we could score our video projects on the go, as well.
Is it just a dream?
Well, if it is, it's a good one.

Comments

• Video plugin in Auria might already have what you're looking for to an extent.

• Also in Meteor.

• I'll check them out, thanks. I've avoided looking at Auria because I have Cubasis. I mean, it sits in my wishlist in itunes but the price always makes me think; another day, another day. Plus, it would be another IAP, I'd imagine.

• Speaking of, and getting way off topic from Audionbus, can anyone recommend a good video editing app for ipad? iMovie does a great job with its features but is still quite limiting compared to any entry level video editing app for the desktop.

• edited April 2013

Btw, anyone see my tutorial on exporting audio out from Cubasis to iMovie. I thought that it was quite a sweet and unexpected surprise for a Cubasis feature.

• @AkaMarko I use Pinnacle as well as iMovie for editing and have just bought Explain Everything which is an education app but has the ability to record png transparent images over video like a live motion path. Colorcode VJ also does but currently doesn't have a record/export function.

• @jackfancy. I Just looked it up. so it's Pinnacle Studio? Looks like what I'm looking for in an editor, thanks!

• @AkaMarko yup. It has better features than iMovie but according to their forums, there isn't an update in the near future since Avid and Pinnacle did some rearranging and no one is paying attention to ios. But, the PIP is better for overlaying static png files over video, better titles and text effects, access to ALL media, not just camera roll as in iMovie.

• @jackfancy, cool. Thanks for the info.

• edited April 2013

Spent the afternoon watching video tutorials about the video editor in Blender.
    http://www.blender.org/
    It's free, runs on Mac, Windows and Linux. Was about to buy premiere elements and think I'll save the cash for more Audiobus goodies. Bit of a learning curve but goes far beyond anything I'll ever do. Looks easy to do simple editing, color correction, picture in picture, time effects like speed up, overlays, split screen etc. Just do a YouTube search on Blender VSE tutorials.

• I have checked the Blender video editor is good so far. Recently I have viewed an article about video editing, view it here. It is really providing kind of interesting info which helps us to better judge any video editor.