Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Voice Rack: FX - TC-Helicon Vocal Effects

You asked for it, and we delivered! After the launch of Voice Jam Studio, our pro vocal effects and looping studio, members of the Audiobus community as well as others requested a standalone effects processor. Today we are proud to bring TC-Helicon vocal effects to your iPhone and iPad.

Voice Rack: FX is a real-time vocal effects processor that can be used live or connected to other music apps through Audiobus. Voice Rack: FX gives you access to 50 vocal effects presets from TC-Helicon, for just $4.99!

Professional Vocal Effects

Transform your voice with 50 vocal presets from TC-Helicon, the industry leader in vocal processing. The vocal presets have been expertly authored allowing you to use your voice to create musical sounds including bass lines, drum sounds, or spice up your vocals with professional effects like reverb, echo, delay, distortion, pitch shifting or HardTune autotuning. These very same effects are used by some of your favorite musicians.

Connect and Integrate with other Apps

Connect Voice Rack: FX with some of your favorite music apps including GarageBand, giving you the ability to use these studio quality vocal effects in combination with any Inter-App Audio or Audiobus capable app.

100% Dedicated to Your Voice

Voice Rack: FX brings TC-Helicon’s studio quality effects to your mobile music making. The same technologies found in TC-Helicon’s class leading hardware and iOS products can be found in this app.

Check out Voice Rack: FC on the App Store or find more info here.

We would love to hear what you think of Voice Rack: FX.

Comments

• How cool is that :)

• as this is, I'll pass. I already have Voice Jam Studio, and what I really want is controllable parameters for the effects, rather than just more presets.

Give us something we can actually control please.

• looks cool!
    scanning through the features....

• Gender bending

sold. lol

well almost, I wonder to what extent the effects are editable (if at all) and if they can be combined, etc.

• Does it have any kind of program change to trigger different effects?

• @Richardyot, thanks for buying Voice Jam Studio and for your feedback. These are the first version of both these apps we wanted people to see instant results with the effects presets. We are hoping to allow people to adjust the effects in future versions.

• edited December 2014

If your looking for some very nice vocal effects that are able to be edited I find vocalive to be a worthwhile investment. Headphones and the internal mic work very good with vocalive actually.

• mmpmmp
    edited December 2014

Is this the same set of presets as in VJS?

• I'm afraid I won't buy this until it offers a decent set of editable parameters.

• @Brenden_TC beyond the standard marketing/brochure-speak (understandable, you've got your sales work to do :), can you outline the differences here in specific terms between this product and Voice Jam. Thanks.

• edited December 2014

I do like what I hear from T C however I too would like the editing option and a more stomp box kind of set up or some way to add and remove effects from the chain(nice useable stuff like you would find in the hardware units. I do have a new ipad coming for ios 8 apps and will listen to some demos though to be fair. My voice can use any help it can get.

• edited December 2014

@mmp said:

Is this the same set of presets as in VJS?

Yes, these are the same presets found in Voice Jam Studio. We launched this stand alone effects processor for people who are not into live looping, but still want to take advantage of TC-Helicon vocal FX.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Brenden_TC beyond the standard marketing/brochure-speak (understandable, you've got your sales work to do :), can you outline the differences here in specific terms between this product and Voice Jam. Thanks.

Voice Rack: FX has the same vocal FX processor as found in Voice Jam Studio. We created this app because people requested the effects without the looper. This app allows you to connect the effects processor with other apps such as GarageBand to use TC-Helicon vocal presets with other Audiobus and IAA capable apps.

• This is very tempting but I woukd like to hear more examples - cue Doug!

• or how does it compare to vocalive. A vocal processor is the only thing I am lacking on my iOS device.

• edited December 2014

@gmslayton said:

or how does it compare to vocalive. A vocal processor is the only thing I am lacking on my iOS device.

It has the same processor like VJS just without the looper.

Edit: forget it, misunderstood the question.

• Vocalive has parameter editing and some nice harmony presets as well as the standard delays, reverbs, ect.. plus a nice amount of useful presets. I am looking forward to TC getting this kind of love someday soon.

• @Tritonman2 said:

I am looking forward to TC getting this kind of love someday soon.

First step 50 vocal presets, next step the world. This is the first version of the app, we built it because people like you told us they would love to see it. We are listening to what our community is saying, and trying to build apps that people like you will use.

• Woah, There is no one like me. Heheheh.

• @Tritonman2 Ya, we're all not like you too!
    Seriously it would be nice to have a vocal app since IK still won't update Vocalive for Audiobus.

• And don't ever forget it?

• Still using it in audiobus but on ios7 , another reason for not updating. Yea, ios 7! Thankfully I can run both soon.

• edited December 2014

Interesting to think area by area or instrument by instrument (talking iOS here) how close to 'killing it' a particular best of breed app might be. So, for some folks, iFretless Bass (say) is pretty much all they need/want. Any votes in the vocal area for something that's in the 90th+ percentile? Would a Vocalive (once updated) be that?

• I do agree NoiseHorse that having another choice once the TC apps get some updates will be nice no doubt at all.

• edited December 2014

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Interesting to think area by area or instrument by instrument (talking iOS here) how close to 'killing it' a particular best of breed app might be. So, for some folks, iFretless Bass (say) is pretty much all they need/want. Any votes in the vocal area for something that's in the 90th+ percentile? Would a Vocalive (once updated) be that?

Vocal Live is probably the best, but there is still a lot of room for improvement IMO. There's loads of really gimmicky or half-baked vocal apps on iOS, I have quite a collection of them (Singaling, Vio, Voice Jam, Antares Auto-Tune, Harmony Voice, Improvox) and they're all flawed.

I think there must be some kind of perception amongst the bigger developers that singers are less serious than say guitarists or keyboard players, or maybe they're partly targeting the karaoke or quick jam crowd, but anyway vocal apps tend to be too simplistic compared to other music apps, and this definitely applies to the latest from TC Helicon.

I think the more synthy apps are probably better, iVoxel and Voice Synth are decently functional. And Fiddlewax Yellow and Propellerhead Take get points for at least trying.

• edited December 2014

@Brenden_TC said:

@Tritonman2 said:

I am looking forward to TC getting this kind of love someday soon.

First step 50 vocal presets, next step the world. This is the first version of the app, we built it because people like you told us they would love to see it. We are listening to what our community is saying, and trying to build apps that people like you will use.

Good stuff. I'm not really interested in the vocal apps (maybe with editing) but it's great to see you guys active and listening and churning on ideas and products. Wish you great success.

(Edited to remove a bunch of TC Electronics related stuff... Different division)

• I almost want to try this on the new ipad when it gets here just for a comparison , not as far as editing but the general sounds just to see. Perhaps I will, just a lot to look at right off with a new ipad.

• For those of us without iPads: Voice Rack: FX is universal, while VJS is iPad only. ;)

• @richardyot I sense you're right about the 'seriousness' that vox apps sometimes get taken. Or perhaps it might even often be that they might be products some developers think/hope my kid would also buy (along with the fart button and belch blooper apps he splurges his 99 cents on and then forgets about).

I have enjoyed MiCswap Pro, but I'm not convinced it would be considered worth the investment by the majority (could be wrong). I suspect that (beyond getting a good mic) there is already a combination out there in terms of effects units/mixers/mastering apps to produce decent vocals, but it would take dumb luck or a bit more skill to figure out the best chain. Still trying :)

• I can see serious potential for live use when you have more than one lead singer. VocaLive only gives you one instance, and charges you twice if you want it on both your phone and iPad. TC Helicon, on the other hand, gives you one universal app at a quarter of the current duo of VocaLive apps on sale ...

@Brenden_TC can you verify if this is an intro price or regular price? I just blew my Xmas gift card on several other apps before this was announced, so Voice Rack: FX is currently sitting in my wish list.

• Bought it. Like it so far. I'm not a singer, slowly working on my confidence, but me and my 3 year old had $5 worth of fun this evening. The smile and giggle as she heard her voice being manipulated was well worth the money.