Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ThumbJam multi out not working via AudioBus into Auria?

edited December 2014 in Support and Feedback

Hi. Using Auria (latest) and ThumbJam (latest), in either iOS 8 on an Air 2 or iOS 7 on an Air 1. And using the latest AudioBus. I set ThumbJam to 6 outputs in AudioBus. And Auria (set to AudioBus in its Input Matrix) opens up the 6 tracks, armed and ready to record, automatically. But, whatever I do, when using multi outputs from ThumbJam, no signal makes it through to Auria, for recording. If I set ThumbJam to normal stereo output, the audio gets through to Auria, and I'm able to record. I've tried starting each app before the other. And this is always in Airplane mode. Any solutions possible? Happy Holidays, by the way. :)

Comments

• Maybe in Auria settings? Audio is mode or something?

• Are you recording live playing (or playing via midi) through those six tracks? Because if you are trying to play out pre-recorded loops in TJ, they only come out the main or loops output and not the individual instrument outs. This is a design limitation currently. You'll notice there is really nothing preventing you from recording multiple instruments together (via split, etc) into a single loop, so it's best not to consider them a per instrument thing.

If all of the above pertains to you, perhaps exporting the individual files directly into Auria is the answer?

Or, if the multi-track live instrument outputs really aren't working at all, let me know and I'll investigate further.

• My fingers aren't up to the task of recording my 6 channels live. I guess that's stil working fine. I'm using TJ as my mini DAW, in this context. Hopefully an update might be possible, one day! Thanks for the quick response. 8-)

• You can copy and paste them or mute all except one and record into auria. Rinse and repeat (as one long pass to be cut up later or 6 separate passes.

• Yes, if and when I implement midi loop rec/playback in TJ (other threads here are tempting reminders of what could be done), then you'd be able to get the kind of per-track output you're looking for.

Thinking about it now, I'm really already half-way there, right? Just need to do playback of the recorded midi internally. Why haven't more of you bugged me about this before? :)

And doing the same thing in DrumJam is just a natural extension of that, eh?

• So awesome! So glad I bought Thumbjam!!!

• I bugged you about it 3 years ago precisely because you seem to be half-way there! :)

• Well, syrupcore, you should know by now that you have to bug me a whole lot more often than that!

• That upgrade would be a great Christmas present! And I wouldn't nag the postman about the delivery date. ThumbJam is a good environment to mix in IMHO. I often mix in Samplr. So, any app that allows freestyle improvisation and the best options for recording that output, is a winner in my book! Now back to nagging Marcos about separate outs in Samplr. 8-)

• Ha. If request !== 'bug' I only nag once.

• I suggest that you update your policy... direct email nags can come more often!