Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Problem in Garageband recording

edited April 2013 in General App Discussion

Hi encountered a problem during my recording with garageband thru audiobus. I connected a guitar thru irig then launched audiobus, amplitube and garageband. When I started recording track, garageband track suddenly stopped recording after a minute. I restarted the recording and it went well. Is this a bug? or did I do something wrong in the set-up?btw i use ipad 2.

Thanks

Comments

• Could you recreate the problem? Did you manually change the recording length from default 8 bars to automatic?

• Yes. I manually change the length of recording. when i started recording the guitar track, it recorded initially but suddenly it stopped.

• Has it happened again since? Could there be anyway that the iPad screen was activated with an unintended touch? I.e from a strumming hand?

My advice is to keep on recording your music and if it happens again, take note of the circumstances. It was probably a one off. Good luck :)

• Yes I'll try it again in my next recording. Thanks!

• I've recreated your set up ( Amplitube direct to Garageband, no app in fx slot?) and even though I turned on automatic recording it appears I am also experiencing what you describe. The recording of my first track is stopped after 8 bars. Subsequent tracks are not affected.

Just worked out what happens....when you change from default 8 bars to Automatic. Even though the blue 'on' button appears next to automatic, you need to press the '+' button again for that menu to disappear and for the automatic choice to take affect...otherwise it will record for the default 8 bars.

Hope this helps :)

• edited April 2013

@marky:
    Please let us know if this is solved.

Also thanks a lot to SpookyZoo for helping!

• I noticed this as well. You think that you've set it to automatic instead of eight bars but for some reason it goes back to eight bars so you have to set it to automatic again.

• Weird, I've just tried it and couldn't reproduce it. Setting it to automatic just did exactly that. I'm using an iPad 4 on the latest version of iOS.

• Hey Sebastian. Once you tapped automatic, did you press anything else?

If after pressing automatic so that it turns the blue button on, you then switch apps to Amplitube, press Garageband's record from there, it will cease recording after 8 bars.

It appears that having turned on automatic, you need to press the '+' button again to hide that menu and this last step seems to confirm that automatic choice is made.

I'm on an iPad 4, iOS 6.0

I don't think it's a major issue/bug, it just needs to be know as part of the recording process.

Glad to help. :)

• Ahhh. Ok. I'll still pass this on. Thanks a lot!

• Guys, setting it to automatic does the job.. thanks!