Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Testing some crazy FX production stuff with Audiobus

edited April 2013 in Creations

Made this using a Korg Kaossilator, Glitchbreaks, Magellen, Loopy HD, Live FX, Cubasis and Audiobus..Sometimes it' good to play with various FX. This sounds best with headphones because of all the FX stuff going on...

Comments

• It's great, particularly love the beginning where it drops out then comes back. Did you use Magellan for effects, Glitchbreaks for cuts/breaks, and obviously live fx for effects. Question...am I right in saying you have an iPad 2? I think I remember you saying that...anyways, if you do, do you ever have issues with LiveFX? Seems like every time i try to use it, it gets to CPU intensive and im not doing much. i think they have updated it since and might have fixed that. Good Job!

• Yeah I have an iPad 2, there was quiet a lot of overdubbing for the FX, like all the reverb stuff was done into Cubasis then the track was set up again and so on...it takes a fair amount of time..The sync loop was done in Loopy and plays all the way through..the mad sync sound at the beginning is a Hardware Kaossilator you know the old yellow one..Live FX has been OK for me so far but like I say Its not overworking at any one time..Glitchbreaks for all the drums..Magellen for leads and a little sequence that comes in every now and then..some of the glitch FX were done with a Hardware Kaosspad..the new little red one...I forgot to put that in..

• Awesome, a lot more work than first appears, but great job!

• What app is supplying the drums?
    Very impressed!

• All the drums are being played by Glitchbreaks..

• And are they drum loops supplied with Glitchbreaks?

• Very good!
    Glitchbreaks is such a cool apop isn't it?
    I thought the sync sounds in the begining were made by Magellan as well. Nice to hear the Kaossilator in action, I'm a fan.

• Yes all the loops are Glitchbreak presets

• Fun, though the opening is a killer when your headphones are on full volume and you don't realize. Ouch!

• Love it. It sounds like it would be at home on an early Chemical Brothers album...