Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What synth(s) would you like to see made into an iOS version?

I would like to see the Korg M1 and the Prophet 5. Also some Roland synths like the D-50 or the Juno.

Comments

• This thread has been done a bunch of times on here already, fair warning. With that said, I'll give the same answer: CS-80.

• I would live to see a faithful rendition of the mighty Korg Trinity.

• How about the Korg Triton Extreme while we are wishing.

• Buchla/Serge modular! west coast modular synthesis is criminally under represented on ios- Aalto would be nice -

• +1 Prophet 5, Jupiter 8

• edited December 2014

Juno 60/106, and U-he's Diva. An iOS port of OBXD vsti synth (Oberheim OB-X) would be cool too

• Diva is top of the list. After it, Korg M1. Any old time Juno and OB-X(a) would be cool. I guess we'll eventually get to see the Jupiter-8, the CS-80 and other Arturia classics.

• merry early freaking Christmas to me!whoooohooo!

• Strobe and Cypher but probably require too much processing power. Imposcar would run well on iOS, in fact i'm gonna petition GForce to do it. :D

• Ensoniq ESQ-1. Just have to talk Siegfried Kullmann in to porting his VST version...

• @setAI said:

Buchla/Serge modular! west coast modular synthesis is criminally under represented on ios- Aalto would be nice -

swoon. yes. but I want to see synths that exploit the touchscreen interface well in terms of UI design. the concept has been proved: you can make synths and music devices for iOS. now let's push the ball forward and get away from the usual tiny/small knobs and pop the UI...

• What @setAI + @papertiger said, please.

Also, Jupiter 8 and the OBX.

• edited December 2014

Sculpture, the most organic sounding synth without samples i ever used.

More remote control apps (and a more advanced logic remote too) because the iPad could be still a great digital hardware controller for me.

A general thing i would like in all apps is zoom. For exampel that i could zoom a part of a synth to get bigger knobs/sliders or even just zoom single knobs etc. not only the virtual keyboard. Indeed, it would be useful to could blend all virtual keyboards out too. Touch screens are great but i find they could be used a lot better instead of recreating all those analog style UI's. Of course there are some great exampels but there could be so much more.

Oh and first i need a proper working mobile OS of course.... :)

Cheers.

So, then i wish everyone here a merry christmas and a happy new year and so. Will be gone for a while.....

• Back in 2011 it looks like there was an iPad OB-X synth in the app store called SAS-5A. It doesn't appear to be available anymore, but the youtube video I saw of it sounded very un-OB-X.

• Not a synth but, Xfer LFO Tools

• For me it's Korg's M1 & Wavestation and a 'Virtual King Korg', Roland D-50 & Juno-60 and if Yamaha is listening they could release a 'AWM2-sound module' for the iPad :)

• A Korg i30 interactive Arranger Keyboard would be cool! I made so many songs with that awesome arranger workstation.

• FxPansion Guru

• oooo a Korg wavestation.. Good one yes.

• cS-80 for me as first choice - come on Arturia!

• In times of flocks and animated orbits on gyro-multitouch devices I'd like to see less analog style button and fader synths with animated cables. I'm not missing a sound yet but an innovative interface like TC-11 with an intuitive control system (not TC-11), clean design like Laplace

• Diva would totally eat the ipad for breakfast as far as cpu consumption.

I would love to see madrona labs aalto! The patchbay and touch screen would totally fit.

• Arp 2600, no question. The interface is begging for it.

• @knewspeak said:

Not a synth but, Xfer LFO Tools

OT: I asked Steve about Cthulhu but he wasn't having it, think it would be brilliant on the iPad. :)

• Korg Prophecy. Arp Odyssey. Jupiter 8. Arp 2600. CS-80. JD-800. Alesis Andromeda A6. Buchla Easel. Oberheim Matrix 12. MemoryMoog. MiniMoog Voyager.

• NI Reaktor (that would be compatible for ensembles made for the plugin, like those from Twisted Tools). A ported workstation that includes KARMA, like Korg M3 and Kronos. An iOS version of an Elektron machine. FXPansion's Geist (or Guru). And, cheating a little here, iAbleton.

• edited December 2014

@MusicInclusive said:

Korg Prophecy.

Yes please. I had a Prophecy expansion installed in my Korg Trinity+ back in mid-late 90s, and it was just such an amazing monophonic PM synth. Except all the synth-y stuff, it really did some great woodwinds and horns. That, and Korg Z1, which is polyphonic, would be lovely to have..

• @MusicInclusive said:

Korg Prophecy. Arp Odyssey. Jupiter 8. Arp 2600. CS-80. JD-800. Alesis Andromeda A6. Buchla Easel. Oberheim Matrix 12. MemoryMoog. MiniMoog Voyager.

Nice list especially the jd800, fell in love when I first demoed it down my local music shop, is an unwieldy beast, very hands on, which is what I loved about older synths and a lot of modern ones, has gone full circle which is good. I'd like to see a yamaha rm50, as I never got round to getting one, plus I've got tiny screen syndrome from the 90's. Also metasynth for osx, another synth I had on my list, editing wise it looks amazing, fan of visual editing over number crunching.

• It would be cool to see some Kawai synths emulated. I have a K4 from back in the day.

• @mkell424 said:

It would be cool to see some Kawai synths emulated. I have a K4 from back in the day.

The other synth I'd really like to see is the XD-5. I've got both that and the K4R, but the XD-5 is more sonically interesting, and both suffer from the limited UI.

I really love the old Kawai's tho.