Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker & Thumbjam Midi Query

After reading all the good things on here about BM2 I finally took the plunge and added it to my collection. (Can't believe it took me so long as its perfect for my needs) I've never really used much midi before but I understand the basics. I have worked out how to make a part on BM2 then get it to trigger TJ and record the audio back into BM2.

My question is and the answer is probably no but can I have say 3 or 4 tracks on BM2 trigger different TJ instruments simultaneously for playback purposes? I know I can record them separately into audio tracks but would love to be able to have them play along at the same time while I work out all my parts. I hope that makes sense

Comments

• Yeah, 99.9% sure that won't work. I do this a little with iPolysix because it has two internal synths one uses chanel 1 the other uses chanel two... so it's easy..

• No, you can't. TJ might be able to address two parts via midi - I can't remember. You could use audiobus to sample a note from TJ into a BM2 sampler and sequence with that. Once you're settled, point it back at thumbjam to get the full multisample recording.

• BS-16i is worth checking out -- I don't know what the maximum polyphony is, but it can do multiple MIDI channels with different patches (and drums are usually on channel 10).

• ThumbJam can do two simultaneous instruments right now, press the "1" button (in main sidebar on iPad, in the #b key popup on iPhone/iPod) to load a second instrument. In the MIDI settings you'll want to turn off Omni input, then the first instrument will respond to the channel you select, and the second will respond to that channel + 1.

A future update will allow for more than just two.

• and the 00.1% wins. lol should have known. There seems to be no end to the functionality of TJ.

• Thanks for the info guys

• That's very cool. Wasn't sure if the two separate sounds would be separately addressable via MIDI. @ryan is right - thumbjam seems infinite. I'd love to see your git history. :)

bs-16 is a great app but if you're after the Thumbjam sounds it's not exactly easy to get sounds into.

If you're after 3-4 TJ sounds, I'd still try my hack. :)

• Yeah I love the TJ sounds and I agree that it's infinite. It's been easily my most used app even though I only took a punt on it to get some good violin sounds to add to a friends track. I now recommend it to anyone with an iOS device. I am gonna try your TJ hack, ingenious idea.

Out of curiosity what is git history?

• git history is a log of changes to code over time.

• @syrupcore, after more than 4 years of development, it's pretty ugly :)

• edited April 2013

mine are ugly after 4 weeks!

git commit -a "Initial commit. Sorry." 

is pretty much how I roll.