Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nave to AB2 to Nanostudio = NOT WORKING!

edited December 2014 in Support and Feedback

I am still running iOS 7 on an iPad Air because I heard about problems with iOS 8 and AB.
Today AB2 updated itself. As of today Nave does not work as an input into Nanostudio.
I would prefer a sound beating with a club.

Now that my main tools for making music don't work together, I am forced to come to the forum to beg for help.
Anything simple that I might be overlooking? A setting that needs to be adjusted? Any known reason why the 'updated' software doesn't work as well as the old version? Is there a way for me to delete AB and reload the old version? Do I really have to upgrade to iOS 8 now and take whatever headaches that brings...?
Failing all of that, anyone know of a good suicide hotline...?

Comments

• Hey Slam_Cut. Does it work into Audioshare or Loopy or MTD? You could record it there and copy and paste into NS until you/they sort it.

• If you have the older version backed up in iTunes or on the iPhone then you could delete the updated one and reinstall the old one. And turn off automatic updates.

• @Munibeast Hey! That sounds like a good idea... I'll give it a try

• Yep, that did the trick!
    Amazing how going from 2.1.8 back to 2.1.7 will make such a difference.

• Thanks so much Munibeast!
    (I should have thought of that I suppose, but never had such a problem)

• Ouch. Does Nave into Nanostudio (etc) work for others on 2.1.8? I'd really like to figure out what's going on here. Also, @Slam_Cut, can you provide any details about what you mean by not working? What were the symptoms?

• FYI: works for me on an iPad Air 2

• Oops! I forgot to press 'Post Comment' on this last week. Nice that it is still here for me...

The symptoms were that the app was accessible and seemed in all respects to behave normally, but there was no sound generated when I pressed on the keys in Nave. None of the presets would respond. I didn't have any FX apps in between. Just Nave straight into Nanostudio. Reverting to the previous version solved the problem immediately. :o/
    I don't know the half of it when it comes to the problems created by iOS 8, but I hope everything gets sorted out sooner rather than later. Good luck with that!

• Hmm, may there have been just a system glitch somewhere that probably just needed a reboot, or a restart of the apps? (there are some issues out there like that, still)

I'm wondering if it wasn't the update that remedied things for you, but the act of quitting and restarting.

• Hmm... You may be right. I had heard iOS 8 hooror stories and probably assumed the was bigger than just a reboot. Rebooting is such a simple thing that I think I over look it. I'll try updating again after the holidays and I'll let you know if there are any other problems. Thanks for the help!