Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sampletank problems with Loopy HD

edited December 2014 in Support and Feedback

INFO: I have an iPad mini running ios 8.1.1 with Audiobus, Loopy HD, and Sampletank.

Before I upgraded to ios 8.1.1 I never had an issue running these programs together but now whenever I use my MIDI keyboard with Sampletank and feed it into Loopy HD for output, the keyboard starts skipping notes played and holding out notes. It seems like it can't process it. I can run my guitar and vocals into Loopy HD with no problems.

If I just feed Sampletank into the system output and everything else through Loopy HD, there are no issues, but I need to Loop my MIDI sounds. The problem is only when I feed Sampletank into Loopy HD.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any way to fix it?

Comments

• @chaz. I'm on iPad3, iOS7. I've experienced the exact same thing with Sampletank lately. Skipping and hanging notes which only stop if you change presets. It's done this with Loopy and Garageband, all in Audiobus. None of my other apps are behaving like this.

• edited December 2014

I'm unable to connect to SampleTank from Beatmaker 2, and from Genome encounter the same hanging and skipped notes described above, running iOS 7.1.2 on iPad Air 1st gen. Other users are having similar problems and IK Multi knows about it:

http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9221

Be nice when they fix it.

UPDATE: Per IK Multimedia support: "Our developers have certainly received this information and will be addressing this as soon as possible. The next update will resolve this."

• Bump for any other users having MIDI issues w/SampleTank.

• Yes, experiencing same issue. Assuming not much can be done until they roll out an update.

• Yep I've downgraded to the previous version for now. Thankfully I don't need any of the new IAPs- for now :D

• same issues, crackles, keys not playing. sometimes no sound at all. sigh.
    ios8.1.1 ipad air 1st gen

• edited January 2015

Re: Sampletank MIDI issues...
    Some apps don't play nice with Virtual MIDI, but they will with CoreMIDI.
    Sampletank + Beatmaker is one example.
    (Thesys + midiSequencer is another ...)
    The solution to this can be found using Midibridge.
    Normally, CoreMIDI is used to talk over WiFi, but we can use it within iOS too, here's how:

1-Open Midibridge

2-Go to the Preferences pane, to the CoreMIDI Net tab

3-There's a CoreMIDI Net Host/IP Address field

4-Below that, there is an IP address listed. It's probably 10.0.1.2

5-put that IP address into the above mentioned field

6-Port = 5004, connect automatically = yes, connection dialogs = yes

7-Toggle the Disconnect/Connect button

8-Go to the Interfaces pane

9-There should now be two CoreMIDI Net modules, with icons colored Orange, one for input and one for output.

10-you may now quit Midibridge

From now on, every time you open Midibridge, this will happen automatically: the internal CoreMIDI Net will be activated and stay active until you restart the iOS or press the disconnect button in Midibridge.

Then, when using Beatmaker with Sampletank, point BM's MIDI output to Network Session 1, and Sampletank will respond. This will probably work for a bunch of other problem pairings as well. Have fun.