Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Electric Guitar Question

Hello! I'm thinking about getting an electric guitar to play around with and record into my iPad 2. I found this http://www.thomann.de/se/clifton_e_guitar_custom_bk_pack.htm, I think it seems like a good deal. I need something to record the audio into the iPad too, so would this http://www.thomann.de/se/the_tbone_usb1g.htm, combined with the camera connector work? Thanks.

Comments

• No that connector won't work into an IPad. Search online for Apogee Jam. That device (and others like it) are specifically built to connect to iPads. The guitar set up you're looking at would work fine if your iPad was already connected to an interface of some type. If you want to connect directly, you'll need a connector like the Apogee Jam.

• I've been able to connect my guitar with the cck and a Rocksmith cable.

• Sonuus i2M music port does both monophonic midi guitar and is a great iPad audio interface via CCK, perfect for recording guitar, but can also drive synths such as Thor, iMini, Sound tank with low latency
    And is reduced from 119 to 47 £ currently on a Sonuus Direct until midnight tonight (!)
    It's comparable to Apogee Jam for audio quality.
    As used by Vernon Reid

• While the i2M is a great device, it is only 16bit, the Apogee Jam is 24bit. The i2M is certainly as good as any other 16 bit AI. Apogee has the Jam on direct sale as well for $69. Obviously the Jam does not do MIDI so the i2M is a big winner there.

+1 on the RockSmith cable, works fine on the iPad with the CCK. First AI I got for my guitar and I still use it sometimes.

• Hmm... Might look into the Rocksmith cable then. I'm just looking to play around in ToneStack, so I don't want to put too much money on the interface.

• If the Rocksmith cable works, wouldn't the one I mentioned work too?

• It might, but I haven't tried it.

• @Misirlou - I can't say that it won't, but it doesn't state that it works with ios or even that it is "Class Compliant", which is one thing to look for when wanting the USB device to work with iOS. I find no YouTube videos or reviews mentioning it works with or doesn't work with iOS.

On the other hand, the Rocksmith cable also doesn't state that it works with iOS (officially), but there are, as above, people who have tried it and it works. There are also YouTube videos demonstrating using it with iOS.

So, in the end, perhaps you will be the one to try the tone USB 1g and let us know if it works on iOS, yes?