Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS->AB->FLStudio PC

edited November 2014 in General App Discussion

Hi Everyone,

Need some help here.
I consider buying FLStudio 11 for PC and wondering if someone works with it connected to an IOS device, maybe via AB and can share his/her experience.

I assume that the best way to go with apps like Gadget / Caustics etc... is Steam Export, however I wish to play my IOS synths live into the PC.
Do I need an interface to connect IPad output to PC sound card input?

Thanks.
Shay

Comments

• I don't think Audiobus supports desktop applications, but I think you can use midi to control iPad synths inside Fl studio or you can record the synths and work with the audio files.

• edited November 2014

@Shay - are you wanting Realtime (as In sync with PC audio playing) or just want the synth audio to get to the PC?

iOS wise, Apollo Remote Recorder used in the output of AudioBus might be the way to go. There is an AU for Mac and a VST for PC

Apollo Remote Recorder by @SecretBaseDesign
    https://appsto.re/us/atTJ1.i

Hardware wise, something like iConnect+ says it should do the job with it's "audio pass Thru".

There is also the low tech ( and possibly quality reducing) method of connecting a stereo cable between the output of the iPad and the input of the PC audio card. Caution on output Volume settings!

• Thanks @Hex047 and @Ganthofer.

Yes i want to output midi from FLStudio into IOS Synth and record the sound back into FLStudio.

If direct cable is low quality, what can I use for higher quality?

• edited November 2014

@Shay - I don't have FLStudio, so I can only guess. But to use Midi out on the PC to the iPad you have 3 options (as far as I know):

• midi over wifi ( will require rap midi be installed on the PC and a local wifi network - ad hoc may be possible)
    • 5pin/USB midi (I believe it will requires at least CCK for iPad and perhaps some HW on the PC side, or a ios midi interface, etc)

As for the audio, there are only the 3 options I previously listed to get live audio from the iPad to a PC.

The direct cable connection is the least expensive, but it is being converted back to analog by the iPad out and then converted back to digital by the PC audio input card. Analog signals, physical jack connections and copper wire are prone to added noise. It doesn't hurt (well at least I hope not) anything to try it and hear if the quality is acceptable.

Any reason you don't record it on the iPad and transfer the recording to the PC?

• I've been playing with recording audio into Reaper, using an audio cable via the interface, the quality wasn't bad although it's better to export the stems and use that..

• Recording into the iPad and then export it is a good option. I wanted to check if there is a shorter way, however not if it affects the quality.

Thank you both.
    I'll run some tests based on the information you provided and see what works best for me.