Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How long do you use your iPads a day?

So do u live and breath IPad?

Ipad use
  1. How many hours do you spent on your IPad for music..games..business etc everyday?33 votes
    1. 24 hrs I dont sleep
        0.00%
    2. Other than sleep all day and all night
        9.09%
    3. Over 8 hrs
      27.27%
    4. Under 8 hrs
      63.64%
    5. Under 1 hr
        0.00%

Comments

• Maybe an option between 1 and 8 hours would be useful?

• No kidding LOL.

• Lot of etcing

• My day job has been a major "road warrior". I always has the beefiest laptop with the biggest battery... touch type 80WPM.

Heavy desktop app user: Mail. Microsoft. Adobe. Utilities. For over 30 years now.

Fast forward to today, and I'm leaving my laptop home and only bringing my ipad on trips etc. Granted, my daytime role is more "leadership", so don't need to produce as much. And Google apps on iPad are 80% complete.

So, some days, it's my iPad only. Those are my favorite days, because for so long, I always thought I would need a computer. I'm glad I don't!

• I'm stuck in front of a desktop PC all day building websites, with the occasional client training session on a MacBook Pro, so the iPad just comes on at the end of the evening, or a couple of hours over the weekend for some noise making. I might use to browse the web if I'm away, but generally it's a music-only device.

• I don't see it as a iPad or laptop, I often use both my laptop and iPad together. I use Google voice as my phone service on my iPad so its with me wherever I go. If I am awake the iPad is with me. If I am doing Music, my iPad is involved, I read music and keep all of it on my iPad. Read the paper daily on my iPad, listen to radio, music, etc. either plunged into my THR10 or Airplay to my home stereo depending where I am.

Have the grandfathered in unlimited plan so I watch a lot of stuff on it as well, especially during basketball season. This lets be keep tons of documents in the cloud since I can always get them fast with LTE. Even when I am sitting at my laptop, if I want to access one of the documents I typically pick up my iPad to read it. I just really like to have one place to go for things.

I may be on my iPad 8 hours a day, but I am on my laptop more, have not had a desktop since I switched to Apple 7-8 years ago. Like I said earlier, I often use them together. Would not be happy without either, but could live with only either if I had to now. When I was still working the laptop was the necessity, too much programming and system monitoring while on-site. My work revolved around open source software and large scale high perf internet sites.

When I was still working, 5+ days a week traveler worldwide, I did most everything while I was traveling using my iPad. Mostly presentations,papers, e-mail, and chat conferences. Was able to switch up to a 17 inch MacBook pro laptop since I wasn't trying to use it in a an airplane anymore.

I am 100% disabled/retired now and can't do much but music. Music on my iPad has really helped keep me entertained and going. I can only play my Guitar a couple hours a day (using BIAs on my iPad as my amp), but I can spend more music time on the iPad while sitting in a zero-G chair.

• Between the laptop and IPad around 12 hours a day, maybe longer, but because all this is done from home its not so bad, plus its a great job

• The iPad has become like another appendage for me. If I'm not sleeping or working, it is in use or nearby. I rarely touch my laptop any longer, other than for Plex, recording in the studio, or word processing.

Sadly tho, my battery on my iPad 4 has started to take more of a dive in the last 2 months, so I'm using it less as a serious music making tool. I like Apple for their ecosystem, but after having so many issues with MacBooks, iPhones, and my iPad in regards to battery life, I think they really have some issues that need to be addressed.

• I pick up my iPad whenever I can, sometimes to inspire me, sometimes to quickly jot down ideas, this is not always possible with my desktop system. What I would love developers of both iOS and there desktop counterparts to do, is to integrate better transfer of data between each other. This would in turn, make for example, creating presets on an iPad synth, then using them on a desktop a joy, but for the most feels more like a chore at the moment

• Agree with Knewspeak on this. For so long, my music has been tied to a laptop, and in turn, some sort of hardware component for portable composition, whether it be interfaces or controllers. Since I recently made the iOS move, the ipad is always with me for inspiration.

• A lot of time, since it's an Air 2 that came yesterday!

• edited November 2014

Very trivial question!

• I do everything on the iPad, I only use the PC when working on Pro Tools, and exporting my old Reason projects.

• @Accent said:

The iPad has become like another appendage for me. If I'm not sleeping or working, it is in use or nearby. I rarely touch my laptop any longer, other than for Plex, recording in the studio, or word processing.

Sadly tho, my battery on my iPad 4 has started to take more of a dive in the last 2 months, so I'm using it less as a serious music making tool. I like Apple for their ecosystem, but after having so many issues with MacBooks, iPhones, and my iPad in regards to battery life, I think they really have some issues that need to be addressed.

You nailed it -- it's like a new appendage; so noticeable that when I don't have it with me my girlfriend or sister will ask, "where's you're iPad?"

Sorry to hear about battery problems, lucky perhaps, but I've had no issues with the iPad batteries (so far).