Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who else put their fist through a wall when they found out Korg Module is iOS8 only?

Just curious!

The deep, deep pain associated with Korg Module being iOS8 only.
  1. Did you put your fist through the wall?40 votes
    1. Yes
        7.50%
    2. No
      92.50%

Comments

• edited November 2014

don't care as Module doesn't interest me one bit. If it only cost $5 for Module I wouldn't even download considering the file size ... (I guess I should thank Korg - finally a new music app release I'm not salivating and resisting purchasing - so thanks for saving me the $30)

• edited November 2014

If you're concerned about missing the introductory price you could purchase it now, via the iTunes prog (spit), and thus have it on hand when you eventually u/g to iOS8. On the other hand, Korg Module will probably go on sale again in a few months (if Gadget is anything to go by).

• Get ready for a lot of holes in your wall and more bruised knuckles...

lots of new apps will be iOS 8 only...

• I would almost say yes except upon further reflection I had no real need or desire for this type of app of this size even if it was for IOS 7.

• Personally I'm keeping up with every app and OS update that comes along :)

Developers have plenty of time to prepare for new upcoming OS updates if they are even remotely interested in keeping their apps up-to-date.

It's the sloppy updates that cause most of the headaches with iOS8...

I was not 'put off' by the requirements, only thing i need now is a faster iPad :D

• edited November 2014

The people who didn't even read the very first press release?

Samu, I don't think you understand what developers have been going through due to IAA problems....

• @washboy thanks. Yes, a good trick, and I did that immediately upon announcement, knowing it's iOS8-only. I just want to play it?

@samu a few sloppy apps are still in my repertoire. :-(

Bummed I can't get at the IAPs.

One way around it is to get an extra Air 2!

• edited November 2014

i'm fine with ios 8 only apps or updates IF that means they take advantage of new and sinful ios 8 features.Seems the case here.

• edited November 2014

I've slogged along with most of the updates, and am current with this OS.

My biggest issues with the Gadget cost now is price and need. If it is what is says -- superb sounding instruments fitting in the Gadget workflow -- then the $30 is quite OK. However, I don't know if I really need it.

• edited November 2014

My post was wrong place. Sorry.

• By the time you buy your iTunes cards at 20% off and then buy apps on sale even the expensive ones aren't too bad.

Treated myself to iPad air 2 so this will run nicely on there and left to old ipad 3 on iOS 7 and then of course there's the iPad 1 on iOS 5.

• Wow, the poll results are surprising.

• edited November 2014

I voted no because I knew in advance that it was 8.1 only and because korg's apps don't interest me in general. This one especially does not interest me. I have those sounds in other apps. That's just my perspective.

• I play guitar, synths, samples, his things and sing. I couldn't care less about this. Albeit the clav sounds really good. For electric pianos, which I love, I already have NeoSoul Keys.

I'd be putting my fist through the roof if I suddenly discovered loads of hardware taking advantage of ios8's native midi over bluetooth! ;)

• I've always updated the day of the release and 8, 8.1 and 8.1.1 were no exceptions. While some things broke, there was always a way to get something I needed done. So many tools to work with. The secret is to update everything available at least once a day. I am not really hooked to any single app, though BIAs is getting close to the one that may hook me.

Bought Module the moment it was available, been waiting for good Piano and Stage Organ sounds on the iPad forever and the Module fills a big part of that hole. The Korg sounds are a bit too sweet at times. Its needs a "the piano's been knocked off the stage once, has had beer spilled on it twice and the keyboardist bangs on it so hard he breaks at least one tine every show" effect to get the sounds I am still looking for.

• @BigDawgsByte said:

I've always updated the day of the release and 8, 8.1 and 8.1.1 were no exceptions. While some things broke, there was always a way to get something I needed done. So many tools to work with. The secret is to update everything available at least once a day. I am not really hooked to any single app, though BIAs is getting close to the one that may hook me.

opposite here ... I just finally upgraded to ios7 back in February i think. I usually hold off on updating my apps for a week or two after they're released to see if there's any issues. Never had any real issues with apps breaking.

• If you want the knocked off stage electric piano why not try NeoSoul Keys. It comes pretty close.

• @supadom said:

If you want the knocked off stage electric piano why not try NeoSoul Keys. It comes pretty close.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

• @BigDawgsByte said:

@supadom said:

If you want the knocked off stage electric piano why not try NeoSoul Keys. It comes pretty close.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Mister Dom's on the money here...they are pretty (in a worn out way where wanted).

• I suspect is ios8 so it can take advantage of the extensions so that Module can be a module within gadget without the need for IAA or AB, seems like more of the plug in model which is probably not a bad thing. No room on my 16gb anyway

• I suspect what you suspect....no one cuts off a chunk of the existing market unless they feel they need to/have to...

• At this point, I'm more surprised when I can still get an app on iOS 7. I read somewhere that Apple are going to require all apps to be iOS 8 ready by February, so this is likely to be the trend going forward, especially with new apps. If it fills you with that much rage, maybe you should put down your iPad and go for a walk.

• App devs can still choose to support iOS8 while simultaneously supporting all the way back to iOS5. There are few that still do because it involves additional conditional logic and feature divergence depending on where it runs, and the app can't really depend on new handy features of recent versions. But those iPad 1s are still good for a lot of this stuff, so I'll personally keep supporting back to 5 as long as Apple lets me.

• i upgraded to ios8, sigh! and none of my yamaha apps is shown in audiobus anymore,, sob!

• +1 @JohnnyGoodyear + @RedSkyLullaby No doubt they calculated the dev cost to support iOS7 vs potential revenue and iOS8 only won out. Even if there are a lot of users on iOS7, most will eventually move to ios8 and Korg has enough cash to play a longer game. Plus, those iOS7 dev hours could be spent on making the next Gadget Module.

+1 and thank you @sonosaurussonosaurus, I hope that lasts for a long time and props for keeping it alive on older devices.

But to be fair, one difference between ThumbJam and Module (or any new app really) is that TJ was already working on iOS 5. It's harder to work backwards than it is to add logic/branch as new features come out. I would imagine just finding the docs for iOS5 innards is a pain in the ass at this point.