Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FL Studio on the Bus !!!!

Anyone rate this app ?

Comments

• It's essentially a rebadged version of Music Studio.

• Doesn't it have a better sequencer though? I don't own it but I think Ive heard that

• edited March 2013

I like it. The sequencer is good, making drum loops is easy and very customizable. If you want to make drum loops FLStudio is great. But navigation isn't very good. Internal instruments aren't very good either. Most of the FX arent great. The filter is pretty awesome and can be automated. Haven't tried it with audiobus yet. Will do that tomorrow.

• edited March 2013

I have both desktop version and app but haven't used either in awhile. unless they've upgraded it a lot since then (aside from audiobus), it was a really stripped down version of desktop version. could be good for what you need but I actually liked it for mixing which app can't do last time I used it.

For those of you UK dubstep fans, Skream used the desktop version of FL for years, something like 3000 flv files he has lying around

Edit: Looks like you can now do audio tracks, edit waveforms and virtual midi. Didn't have those features when I first bought it, so seems a lot better. Thanks for posting Dave!

• I's more or less exactly the same as Music Studio except music studio is way better for lots of reasons..Like Ryan said great sequencer but awful workflow..can only apply effects globally, so you cant have a delay on one track a reverb on another..however AB comp negates that...Sound are OK...IAP's are good and there are some free ones...best thing to do is install the free version of music studio and have a play, if you like that you will probably get on with FL Mobile..

• The big advantage of Music Studio are the very useful chord pads. Also, the included instruments selection is more on the flexible side. On the other side, the step sequencer in FL Studio is unique in iOS-DAWs. The reason, that Music Studio don't offer this feature, seems to be strategical, not technical ;-)

• I think I will have to pass on this one, i tried music studio and its definitely not for me.

Seemed like it wanted to be an all in one app but did nothing really well.

Thanks for saving me some money finally !

• @DaveMagoo Good call. FL Studio Mobile was one the first music things I found on iOS because I use it on pc all the time.. I say if you don't use FL Studio on PC/Mac then don't bother. BM2 whips it's sorry butt. :-)

• edited March 2013

in my opinion, bm2 is far superior than fl studio

it's got a much better workflow, many more and better effects (although still not as good as audia - but it does run on iphone) and it has much better sampling...

• edited March 2013

Bought it!
    Very nice synth it has! :)
    But the drum machine in BM is far better (as is DM1 and many others). Workflow is faster in NS though, very intuitive. Wonderful sequencer!
    Pros and cons everywhere...

I think it's not the right time to think about "strategical" approaches now is it?
    I've made a cool track right after I've bought it and guess what... Missed a better drum machine. Audiobus would solve that in a snap.
    Even for "closed" DAWs like this, a complete AB integration is a must now.
    Again, I've hesitated in buying NS because it won't have AB, but the drop in price and the good synth mad me give it a try. And I really liked it, but now that we're getting used to the quick AB workflow, I wouldn't want to go back to the boring ACP (or worse) thing again...

EDIT - And I've just posted this in the wrong place. I was going to comment this about NanoStudio, not FL Studio. Can you move it please?