Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Svep - Stereo Phaser, Flanger, Chorus

edited November 2014 in General App Discussion

Modulation effect from Klevgränd, IAA, AB etc.

http://klevgrand.se/svep/index.php

https://appsto.re/au/MEhc4.i

Comments

• My bank balance is starting to get small hits today ! this I just picked up, GoodReader for midi files at 0.69p and also ScaleGen for a £1.50 bargain in the bundle as already had Gestrument. Korg Module to come later !

• Bought! The Klevgränd-stuff is great...

• Nice! Linked or seperate control of both channels. Straightforward UI as you would expect from Klevgränd.

• edited November 2014

man,i really like his stuff even if i didn't bought one yet.There was always some other stuff coming into the way :) But i grabbed a big (discounted) giftcard today (in preparation for the BF sales) and i think it's time to grab them all now :)

How is his stuff running in,say,Auria or Cubasis as IAA?Smooth,light on cpu,wihout glitches? (ios 8)

• I only have SquashIt but never encountered a single glitch.

• @Crabman Likewise to the above, i use that and vandelay regularly in auria iaa/ab, yes efficient on resources.

• Svep? Sounds as if I should have purchased it in Ik#@ and then thrown it in the bin outside the store in dismay. Google translate comes up with " your dog has barnacles", which is somewhat suspect and possibly totally untrue.
    Can any of our Swedish compadre's supply a correct translation?

I checked the dog and found zero barnacles, but scraped his undercarriage anyway.

• Svep = Sweep :)

• Of course! Thanks @Samu

• edited November 2014

Svep, this is the type of effects I'm looking for. Love the amps in BIAs which I run in JamUP Pro which has less latency after they are moved, but I am not thrilled by the effects. Using the effect apps in iOS via AB gives a much better sound as long as you can keep the latency under control. Bought Svep too.

Setup a spreadsheet in Numbers to keep track of my iOS app budget, going down fast.

• Going to take your tip on this one Gentlemen.

• Got this yesterday along with Laplace. Running Laplace into a chain of all Klevgränd's apps gave some great results. These three fx apps are very nice.

• Grabbed this one without even reading a single feature or watching a demo. LOVE the Klevgrand effects.

• @StormJH1 said:

Grabbed this one without even reading a single feature or watching a demo. LOVE the Klevgrand effects.

Me too haha, only read "Svep" on Twitter, pressed the link->buy button without looking and without having a clue what it actually was. Sundhage (the dev), his previous stuff on iOS have just been so amazingly well designed, and are a real joy to use on a touch screen. His stuff sounds great as well obviously, and seems to play really nice with the innards of the various iDevices.

• How does this sound in comparison to Ultra phaser?

• Works great with synths and other apps, obviously, but these apps seem to pair well with guitar. Simplicity of interface helps too.

• I said it over on FB, but I think Johan (the dev) has entered Holderness Media/Kymatica country with his effects apps. He's now an "instabuy" dev.

• @Seangarland said:

I said it over on FB, but I think Johan (the dev) has entered Holderness Media/Kymatica country with his effects apps. He's now an "instabuy" dev.

Agreed. Looks like we're going to have a Hall of Fame before we're done (induction dinners, fancy jackets, the whole nine yards....)

• Wow, just saw this thread. Huge thanks for all the kind words. I must say that all our apps are a team effort. Yep, I do the development but the whole team is responsible for UX/UI/Design which is at least half the work of making good audio apps.
    // johan (developer at Klevgränd)

• Good stuff @sundhage, keep 'em coming :-)

• @sundhage

Keep 'em coming! Love the design concept. Any clues about what your team are working on next?... A compressor would be great, so would a filter.

• @StormJH1 said:

Works great with synths and other apps, obviously, but these apps seem to pair well with guitar. Simplicity of interface helps too.

Good to hear, @StormJH1. Can you talk about how it's different from chorus and flanging effects you get in apps like JamUp, ToneStack, etc.? I'm interested in making the purchase, but I don't want to duplicate what I've already got.

• edited November 2014

How about some love for the iPhone users? I'd buy it if it was a universal app.

• edited November 2014

One difference is the resources (CPU/RAM) used. Loading JamUp just for a chorus on a synth would waste a lot of resources.

• @MrNezumi said:

One difference is the resources (CPU/RAM). Loading JamUp just for a chorus on a synth would waste a lot of resources.

Understood, but I'm talking strictly effect comparison. I wouldn't open an app like JamUp just for the single effect, but if it's different enough, I'd be happy using Svep in conjunction with JamUp (or a similar app) to replace said effect.

• I got Svep and gave it a test run with my guitar. In one sense it isn't very different than other chorus/flanger fx. Having said that, I have several (hardware) distortion pedals and each one has a slightly different flavor. I guess the same could be said here.

• Thank you, sir. Good to know. I actually have had an obsession with stomp boxes for quite some time, owning a number of vintage and boutique items. Given that, I really love all that's available digitally for next to nothing. I see my obsession shifting.