Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module release date is 28th Nov

edited November 2014 in General App Discussion

No other details except this in an email just received from Korg.

Comments

• Thanks for the heads-up.

• edited November 2014

I'm excited to see how they manage the gadget integration with this standalone app.There's hope that they enable older stuff as well (iPolysix and iElectribe pleeeease).And i hope i can buy the gadgets seperately,i don't need a piano myself.

• Thanks, good to know!
    I've been holding off on the BF sales to see what this is going to cost. Some sales do end on Dec.1st, so if that would have been release day that could have been awkward. But I'm pretty sure I'll want Module.

• I just listened to the String sound demo (available in the "multi" module), eeeewwwww! I think I'll stick with Marseilles strings inside Gadget. The Multi module seems to be the weakest one, with sample roms from their earliest workstations probably. All the other 4 modules sounds amazing though. I think it ships with ~100 presets. I wonder if the expansions available inside Module will become available inside Gadget as well, accessing the same sample pool/folder structure on the iPad. Probably not, but that Ivory would be sweet to have inside Gadget.

• I can feel a big sound test coming on tomorrow

• Looking forward to it Doug.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

I can feel a big sound test coming on tomorrow

That's good to know too!

• @thesoundtestroom said:

I can feel a big sound test coming on tomorrow

Yes please.I would also appreciate if you show the 5 Gadgets ;)

• edited November 2014

I wonder if there will be a Gadget update too. Sure would be nice to get some Kaoss Pads in Gadget.

• My guess is there will be a gadget update too but we'll see...

• Getting on for 5am on 28th here and no sign, so I guess it's released on US timezone.

• I'd be surprised with a Gadget update - but I would think there'd be an intro price cut on Module, and the Gadget IAP samplers - maybe even Gadget itself...

• I'm interested too. What will be the next step for my beloved Gadget???

My fear is that it will be simply 5 more Marseilles gadgets filled with piano samples. And no added interconnectivity of Gadget.

But we'll see. I live in hope!

• @Halftone said:

I'd be surprised with a Gadget update - but I would think there'd be an intro price cut on Module, and the Gadget IAP samplers - maybe even Gadget itself...

I just bought Bilbao a couple of days ago but was worth the full price as well.If they do some BF (Gadget) sales,fine,i'll pick up Abu Dhabi then.

• I wonder how much this will cost. Will they sell the modules seperately and/or in a bundle? Maybe it will be discounted like Gadget when it was released.

• edited November 2014

Beside of the Korg Module gadgets I don't expect any new stuff. Nevertheless I hope for a better sample management: renaming user samples, creating user folders, support for open-in and Audioshare.

• edited November 2014

@klangsulfat said:

Beside of the Korg Module gadgets I don't expect any new stuff. Nevertheless I hope for a better sample management: renaming user samples, creating user folders, support for open-in and Audioshare.

Follow this link then ;) i recently posted there some feature suggestions and got an reply from Korg within one day.So,they definitely keep an eye on it.

https://support.korguser.net/hc/communities/public/topics/200037165-KORG-Gadget-community

• 8.1+ only - so only for those who have moved to 8.

• edited November 2014

I assume this has something to do with the way they integrate a standalone app into Gadget as well?!Some kind of extension?

Tomorrow we know more :)

• Mmm. Have to decide whether to update or not.

• @Crabman - Not necessarily; WOW and Turnado integrated with Auria before 8.0.

• edited November 2014

oh,of course.Totally forgot about that.Although i make a lot of Turnado use in Auria but it feels so natural (and flawless) that i even didn't think about it,lol.

• edited November 2014

It's out @ $29.99 Sale price (regular price $39.99)

KORG Module by KORG INC.
    https://appsto.re/us/h3bK3.i

• Wurley Electric Piano IAP expansion intro price: Free ($9.99 regular price)

• Ivory Mobile Grand IAP expansion intro price: $19.99 ($29.99 regular price)

Korg Gadgtet Update available as well

• Hmm, link not working for me. Can't find it in the store here. EST. How is it?!

• yes I keep getting an error here as well. It is IOS 8 only correct>?

• The item that I am looking for is not currently in the us store.

• Works if you type korg module in search bar in the app store

• Yea try searching.

Btw, in gadget when trying to purchase the modules (which are being "sold" as a pack) you'll get re-directed to the Module app in the AppStore. So this is pretty awesome that they've finally got that sample sharing thing going on between apps.

• edited November 2014

Btw, the keyboards on screen in Module are shite. You really need an external keyboard for this one. :/

Edit: Well, they're fiddly as #3!% but you kinda get used to it, workable to jot out simpler melodies at least. :)