Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Protein Der Klang recording samples through audiobus or IAA?

If anyone comes across videos of the newest update in action please give us a link.

Comments

• a really cool dev that one, he'd probably make one if you asked him.

• I asked TSTR but he didn't seem very interested.

• I'm looking at it now

• OK so I set it all up, and it wont record from Audioshare or Funkbox, I can toggle between live input and that works, but as soon as I select the audio out from an app no sound is recorded, I tried loading a sample, that worked and like I said I recorded live input no problem. Have you tried this and am I doing something wrong, and BTW now I'm playing with it I really want to do an epic PDK demo

• PS, the actual blank empty wave records and is stored in the sample broswer, just no sound, any ideas

• I prefer audiocopy/paste for this kind of business but I just tried this for the first time, first Thor and then a sample played in Audioshare, both via Audiobus, both worked.

• Interesting, what iOS are you using, because PDK is not showing up in AB at all unless its already running

• iOS 8.1.1 and yes I had to start PDK for it to show up in the AB menus.

• Thanks, it must be something I'm doing wrong, I shall try again

• edited November 2014

It does work (8.1) but has limited AB implementation. It has to be open before you start AB, as @firejan82 said. Also you may have to trash it and re-install for even that to work, like I had to.

It has no record icon in the AB panel so you have to work around that. Also there is no way to constrain the recording to a measure or beat multiple, which would have been cool since it is a looper. You have to start and stop the recording manually from inside PDK, and after recording you can only adjust the sample start point so I found it difficult to get a good loop from live recording. Maybe I missed something in its capabilities...

It does have a few unique features in playback however.

• edited November 2014

Re installed, still no joy, its way too buggy still, I love PDK, did a demo when it first came out, I dont mind doing a getting started thing with the app itself but there is no way I can do one with AB till its fixed

• I guess that explains why I did not figure it out either . Will just have to wait till it gets fixed I think.

• Oh and thanks Doug for trying that, In spite of the result I really do appreciate your efforts. I hope we get the chance to explore it someday soon.

• Yeah so do I, spent ages with it this morning and its a very worthwhile app anyway even on its own, I do agree with @firejan82 I much prefer Audioshare for sample imports

• Thank You Doug. I guess we'll all have to wait.

• edited November 2014

Now PDK no longer even shows up in audiobus? So many troubles with this ipad and apps as of late it makes me want to just pick up the guitar and forget ipad all together when it gets this bad. No matter who claims otherwise , these problems did not exist on my ipad prior to ios8!

• edited November 2014

which model do you have Trit, and what about standalone without audiobus how is pdk working?

• I have not tried stand alone because I want to record from other apps. The latest version is what I am running now.

• Standalone is fine even with iOS 8

• cool beans.

• I hope it is fixed someday soon!