Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 1.8.3 maintenance update to be released today

Hello all,

The Cubasis 1.8.3 maintenance update will be released today, as soon as apple approves it.
This update solves over 30 user reported problems, you can find a detailed list on the following link:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=68658

Best regards,
GN

Comments

• edited November 2014

It's here.Who will be the first? ;)

• Thanks, Installed, working fine. Looking forward to 1.9!

• @yaknepper said:

Thanks, Installed, working fine. Looking forward to 1.9!

Thanks,installed as well and agreed.But i don't like to test until it's absolutely necessary if the nasty undo bug is REALLY fixed this time.Even if the description mentions it 3 times^^

• Hmmm. Audiobus transport controls still missing with some apps, e.g. Animoog. :-/ (on 7.1.2)

• edited November 2014

I find it insane that even after all this time, undo/ redo is or was still bugged out. I can only imagine the coding nightmare that feature has been for the developers. How long will it take before a senior engineer comes to the conclusion that the undo/ redo feature itself needs to be undone/ redone? Assuming that is even possible without rewriting the entire app.

• Transport controls working fine here..IPad Air1,7.12 Animoog and Audiobus latest versions.Did you do a hard reset after each update?Somtimes that helps.Also I find that deleting and reinstalling Audiobus after an update clears up some issues.Hope this helps.

• Nope @Jomazz - did a hard reset and a delete and reinstall of Audiobus. All latest of everything on 7.1.2

Still no transport controls for Cubasis on the sidebar with Animoog.

• Sorry to hear that.Mabe try reinstalling Animoog .Which IPad are you using?

• It seems cubasis doesn't work for me in AB anymore. Everytime I tap to open it crashes. Tried hard reset and still the same. Couldn't get IAA to work in cubasis either when open as standalone. Ipad4 iOS 7

• Tested on a mini original @Jomazz - it's my test iPad at the moment, all my other iPads still have non-AB SDK 2.1 apps on them (and all still at 7.1.2) - this is the only one that's up-to-date for the purpose of testing such things. Anyhow. Sure I can reinstall Animoog. Still useless to use at present since it has the LFO bug in the recent versions and can only be run at 256 buffer now properly which renders it unusable on anything older anyway which won't work well with AB < 512.

• Hi Musicinclusive,you got me curious so I borrowed my daughter's mini original and tried Animoog into Cubasis and the transport controls are working fine.It is on 8.1.1though so that might be a factor.hopefully your problems will get resolved with the next round of updates,Joe

• edited November 2014

Not really a problem. I don't use that iPad for music production any more @Jomazz (I haven't got round to a reinstall of Animoog yet), not since I started updating apps on it. It's basically a brick. I'll likely revert all the apps on it to pre-AB-SDK 2.1 versions at some point. Then it'll be happy again. :-)

• edited November 2014

At the moment I'm using it as an A/B comparison device to demonstrate what works and what doesn't vs. what works fine with the older ipas. Eventually I'll sacrifice it to iOS 8 as my first iOS 8 test device @Jomazz - but not at least until iMini, iGrand and several other apps are compatible.

• Re downloaded to see if things had improved and after loading the 2nd app into Audiobus multi route Alchemy was first and isem the 2nd no sound from alchemy only 1 pipeline working.....deleted.....back to gadget until the development needed to resolve the workflow killing issues get resolved such an expensive shame :(

• @DaveMagoo said:

Re downloaded to see if things had improved and after loading the 2nd app into Audiobus multi route Alchemy was first and isem the 2nd no sound from alchemy only 1 pipeline working.....deleted.....back to gadget until the development needed to resolve the workflow killing issues get resolved such an expensive shame :(

Are you sure this is a cubasis problem? Could it be an audiobus problem?

• Glad to report it works fine on an ipad mini with ios 7.0. And it is a good thing given how much I rely on cubasis for my needs.

• edited November 2014

It was mentioned in their forum a while ago after some que@DaveMagoo said:

Re downloaded to see if things had improved and after loading the 2nd app into Audiobus multi route Alchemy was first and isem the 2nd no sound from alchemy only 1 pipeline working.....deleted.....back to gadget until the development needed to resolve the workflow killing issues get resolved such an expensive shame :(

Why don't you just use IAA if a certain combination of apps (sure they can't test all possible AB configurations/routings on 3 iOS,no?) don't work in AB?

And in Since when can you record into Gadget? ;)

i think you are a bit unfair,they constantly release updates and the bugfixes in the last update was a really long list.And it's well known that IAA and AB is fucked up in many configurations on two different ios,don't know if you can blame steinberg here.

• edited November 2014

i dont blame anyone, it is what it is...it probaly read like that reading it back...

..it is most certainly an ios8 thing...

my desired setup was Cubasis with synths/fx controlled via midi from Cubasis and multirouted through Audiobus using state saving to quickly reload my projects...in their original state...

this however was crippled by ios8...

IAA does not have statesaving and the workflow of saving individual presets on each synth and fx app for every project or commit to audio is daunting and a creativity killer....for me anyhow...

i seemed lately to be in a perpetual state of finding a work flow that worked for me between Auria and Cubasis from Multitrack daw to Nanostudio and onto Gadget which happens to be the best suited to my desired workflow....the only true app i can forget about all the related Ab2 and IAA issues and get on making noise.

the only problem is i have invested more than i care to think about in all the other synth/daw/fx apps everyone loves to use in the modular audiobus environment which i cant in gadget...

with patience the development will catch up with the changes in the ios and i may get back into Cubasis or even Auria when it finally gets midi....who knows we may even see Rim get VST integration going in Auria...