Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Syncing playback between apps?

edited November 2014 in General App Discussion

Hey all, am I missing something, or is it not possible to sync playback between apps in Audiobus?

Comments

• As far as I know, AB only routes audio, any syncing would have to be done by the apps using midi ( or wyst if they have both have it) to start/stop/tempo....

• edited November 2014

Now the question is; can I sync two apps running on the same device using WIST. I'll give it a test and find out.

Thanks!

***and the answer appears to be no.

• What apps are you trying to sync up?

• You might be surprised at how long two apps will stay in sync if set to the same tempo with you hitting the play button in app 2 at the correct time.

• I concur with syrupcore , I too can get some very good results with this.

• @syrupcore said:

You might be surprised at how long two apps will stay in sync if set to the same tempo with you hitting the play button in app 2 at the correct time.

yes this is what i do most.....cause of MIDI Sync sucks on iOS......

;-)

• In this particular instance, I'm trying to transfer individual, pre-recorded parts from Figure into Cubasis. unfortunately, I can only do one part at a time, so I end up tempo matching and trying to hit play at the right time. It's workable, but I can never get the timing right, so I end up having to slip edit tracks in Cubasis to get things lined up again.

I'm not sure how complicated it is to sync starts between apps, but it couldn't be too difficult. I mean, they were doing it with analog machines 40 years ago and AB already sends midi between apps, so...

Maybe I'll go make a feature request. :-)

• @asnor said:

In this particular instance, I'm trying to transfer individual, pre-recorded parts from Figure into Cubasis. unfortunately, I can only do one part at a time, so I end up tempo matching and trying to hit play at the right time.

In this case I'd use 'Audio Copy' to get the individual parts from Figure to Cubasis.
    Mute the parts not needed go to Export in the System Menu select Audio Copy.

No hassle with syncing, it just works.

• I've tried that, but I can't export individual drum elements that way and sometimes Figure doesn't export a seamless loop, so I'm kind'a stuck recording between the two apps.

• I'd turn off the metronome and mute everything in Cubasis. Then, I record a single long pass of everything I wanted from figure. Then, line up the first hit of the recording with a measure divider in Cubasis and from there on, it should be in sync. You can split and slice on the measure lines.