Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sampletank plus external MIDI keyboard problems

Hi all,

I'm trying to play Sampletank using my Elektron Analog Keys connected through the CCK and I can't get the app to play ball. The keyboard works just fine with every other app - including IK Multimedia's own iGrand Piano (free version) - but I really want to try out the Miroslav strings! Has anyone else had problems with external keyboards with Sampletank? I can't see anywhere in Settings to sort this out, and I know my Analog Keys settings are fine because it's working with every other synth app.

Comments

• Have you tried messing around with the midi controller settings (menu-->settings)? Might be something in there that'll help. I have no problems, but I'm using an iRig Keys with it. Also try changing the midi channel your controller sends out on. Sampletanks 4 parts can be set to 4 different channels, so perhaps your controller is sending out on a channel that's empty in ST or a channel it's not listening to? Other then that I have no idea

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

I'm trying to play Sampletank using my Elektron Analog Keys

Jealous.

• Maybe IK is trying to push a pop up via MIDI to your Elektron screen and it's choking things up.

• edited November 2014

Gyros...

• Not having any problems with CME XKey and CCK. iOS 8 on iPad Air 2.

• edited November 2014

...are yummy.

• IK has admitted that virtual MIDI is broken in the current version of Sampletank. Perhaps it extends to some controllers too. My Axiom 49 is still working with it, but not when I throw iMIDIPatchbay into the mix. Really hoping they fix it soon, I've got a gig coming up (my fault for updating of course :/ ).