Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you do it? Limit amount of apps?

Have an Iphone 5c (great jobber with 32 gigs), and an Ipad with 16 gigs. I want to put the big proggies on the Ipad and the small but it doesn't work like that. I want to make room Auria, Tabletop and Garageband. But the basic utils like totalreader and networking tools etc,..... take room. I wish Ipad had external space. Bummersky Dubididudes

Comments

• what is with is no expanding space on ipods and shwizzle. I mean, the bnature of life is to expand and grow.

• With the Secret Base Design "Apollo and Friends" bundle (and Audiobus), you could effectively bounce midi and audio between devices such as send midi from your ipad to your iphone using MIDI over Bluetooth, then send the audio back to the ipad into a DAW using Apollo Remote Recorder.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/apollo-and-friends/id922311494?mt=8

Other than that, I have a 16GB ipad and haven't had too much problem with space, but I also avoid having data pigs like Sampletank and Alchemy (and others) on it.

• @kundalini_snake

Yep. I feel your pain on space and I have a 32GB ipad. Maybe decide to pick one DAW out of the three you mentioned? Or focus on a DAW for a particular project, uninstalling the other two, then switch for your next project.

I've recently deleted Cubasis and BM2, after backing up my data on each to dropbox. That way I can always reinstall everything using iFunBox (actually I use iTool on a Mac).

I find backing up to my decent sized dropbox account, regularly, helps a lot. That is kind of like a storage extension. Particularly for samples since AudioShare allows really easy import from dropbox.

Hope that helps.

[By the way, loving your literary style :) ]

• I think Tabletop is one of the worst offenders especially the MPC apps as you've got a copy of the regular app, one in Tabletop including two sets of samples.

Sample based apps that come with lots of built in samples may sometimes be deleted via iFunBox or a similar utility via a PC.

Being able to export and import content via Dropbox is another alternative. There are some synths that are not sample based which are good and don't take up a lot of space either.

You might want to do some research on various DAWs to see which one fits your style of music creation.

Eliminating Apple's Page, Movie, type apps can also free up a significant amount of space.

• text messages can really add up! Especially if you get lots of photos or videos. You can also save some space by turning off photo stream.

• I also recommend using Battery Doctor to clear out the junk that accumulates on your iOS device.