Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Incompatible device? 4th generation Ipod not supported?

I checked if Audiobus and garageband are supported on an Ipod 4th generation, and according to both of the app details they are. But when I go into audiobus and select jamup as my input and garageband as my output. I get this error. I don't understand? I'm extremely disappointed and kind of angry,why are they said to be compatible if I can't used them together? It would also be nice if garageband had some forums or supports for this kind of stuff..

[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p272/Jorge1988_01/IMG_2128_zpsa95eb3c3.png[/IMG]

Comments

• Hello,

We do not support iPod 4th gen for Audiobus. It's just too slow. That's why we added those huge badges on the screenshots. Apple does not give us a good way to keep users from buying Audoibus though.

Please contact iTunes support for a refund. Here's the URL: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/gotoiTunesSupport

• Perhaps those huge red badges should also state that iPod Touch 5+ is required. Currently it only mentions iPads and iPhones.

• edited March 2013

Yeah, we'll think about that. It's hard without making that badge even uglier than it is. And users can get a refund anyway. The real solution would be if Apple let us have acces to more fine grained controls over which devices are supported, but that's sadly not the case.

Edit: To be honest: Audiobus DOES work on a 4th gen iPod. it's just really slow. We didn't know that Apple went to this extent to completely disable Audiobus capability in GarageBand on that device.

• Yeah it is very slow. Garageband by it self improved after I closed all the apps at the bottom. but audiobus still doesn't work with garageband...even though it lets me select it as an output. This is kind of ridiculous, it let me purchase Loopy HD,Garageband and audio bus,and it clearly states they are all compatible, but they are extremely laggy...Whatever. I just wasted time and probably money on these apps. I think you can understand why i'm a bit pissed off...I should've just stuck to guitar rig.

• thanks for your help though. at least I got some replies. and i'll see if I can get a refund for the apps.

• I understand your frustration. It's not an ideal situation.

• Only a minor consolation but your apps are transferable to newer devices if you use the same iTunes account on both. If refunds turn out to a be problem just remember one day you'll upgrade and have a treat waiting for you!

• So disappointed with this. Bought jamup and the plug and audiobus. Spent over 50$ and now I find this out. Wow.... Apple making people buy their new products. This is BS.