Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sound Mangling Apps

My favorite music apps are the ones that let me mangle sounds I sample from movies and music. iDensity, iPulsaret and GlitchBreaks are my current favorites. I also have Grain Science and Echo Pad.

Are there any apps out there that I should be looking at? I'm holding off on Borderlands until it at least supports AudioCopy/Paste.

Comments

• What about some of the vocoder and vocal synth apps we mentioned in that other thread? Seems like those would do a pretty decent job of mutilating audio signals with enough knob twiddling.

• edited March 2014

• Mega Curtis is fun. You might check out audulus too.

• Moog Filtatron with Audiobus allegedly in the pipeline.

Animoog with user jacked in timbres via ifunbox.

• Doesn't really mangle it but if there's something that drew you to sample some particular sound from a movie/song, why not throw it into an app like Vokey and play it in a diff key. even backwards with delay/reverb.

Megacurtis and all the strange agency apps are badass but not ab compatible.

• You can do some pretty cool and weird stuff with the BeatMaker2 keyboard sampler too.

• edited March 2014

• Hi, since I am a weird-sound-wrangler myself, I do like very much (apart from earlier mentioned stuff): Ellipsynth, Protein Der Klang, Sprak, GrainProc, iVoxel, VoiceSynth, iGenDyn (all without being Audiobusible for now), and, very very much: BITWIZ , which also is on the bus already.
    Happy messing, animal

• To me nothing says "mangle audio" like Jasuto. ;)

• If you like this apps you must wearing for the next from ApeSoft...
    in in Beta now....
    Senza titolo

• Oh @Sinapsiya, you're a mean tease! The ApeSoft apps are the greatest!

• @haunted No, I don't.... It's Real
    Senza titolo

• edited March 2013

@Sinapsya: I know you mean it's real, but seeing the new app is exciting.

Does ApeSoft need anymore beta testers? I've never beta tested an app before, but I'd definitely like to.

Can't wait for this app!