Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just a Phone and $20

edited November 2014 in Creations

Not bad for just using and iPhone and no more than $20 in apps, eh? Hoping this will engage a wide, young audience.

Comments

• edited November 2014

Thats awsome.

• Cool! With that background, I was kinda expecting 'Hotel California' though ;-)

• That's awesome! You recorded Pumped Up Kicks with Loopy. What were the other apps you used?

• Thx! Just AB, connecting VocaLive to Loopy, then sent Loopy main output to GB.

• Impressive mr. Wolf. The sound quality is unbelievable for a field recording. Not even a spot of wind or insects messing with you. Well done!

• edited November 2014

Really really great.

• Really great. I using my iPhone for field recording a lot and it works much better than i expected.
    Indeed, nice pool... i was hoping for a jump at the end ;)

• I may be wrong, but my guess is that this wasn't recorded on location. The iPhone mic is good, but I don't think it would pick up his voice that well from that distance without serious background noise.

The video is ok and the setting is pleasing to the eye balls. I would like to know if it is a true representation of the actual recording process.

• @sonicflux it really does work that well. The trick, of course, is that you have to choose a time and location with little wind or background noise. I also used a gate when I mixed the three Loopy tracks - scratch, bass and lead) - together in GB.

• Really nice job. We've got to get these toys into the classroom!