Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Please help me

edited March 2013 in General App Discussion

I'm new to making music on iOS devices and have about $40 more to spend. I currently have Figure, iMaschine, Launchkey, Tabletop, Clap Box, MusicStudio, NanoStudio, GarageBand, and Audiobus. I'm looking to add some more Audiobus apps, but don't know where to start. I'm mostly into underground boom bap hip hop, but I would also like to expand my horizons a bit with synth sounds. So with that info, what should I drop this $40 on? Also is there an Audiobus compatible apps list that shows their prices so I don't have to pull each one up in the App Store?

Comments

• I have a flat tiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrreeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Some great starts for synths are Sunrizer, Magellan, Animoog, and Addictive Synth. I did notice you don't gave a drum app like DM1, Funkbox, or bleep!box. Just a thought

• Also note there are a ton of great synths I just tried to name some of the best and most versatile. Korg iPolysix and iMS-20 are great too as well as Alchemy (will be AB compatible soon)

• Samplr for sure.

• Whoa dude, be prepared to be blown away. Intua beatmaker 2. If you are into hip hop and ios music, thats the king of em all! Like having an MPC for $20.

I also recommend idrum wutang clan version but its not ab compatible but its still pretty badass if youre into hip hop

• Yea not sure how I left out BM2 ...great functionality cheap compared to other s

• If you're into hip hop you need beatmaker for the sampler. Simple as that. DM1 has some great beats and Sunrizer for those bass lines. And if you've got money left: Samplr.

• I absolutely LOVE Beatmaker 2....all my projects either start or end there. It's a very "deep" app that can be used for all styles of music

• Ok so I bought BM2, sunrizer, and samplr. Addictive is on sale and I think I'm going to get it. I know iMPC isn't on the bus yet but I've read that the sounds are stellar. Would my money be better invested in those sounds and using audio copy to move them around rather than buying DM1? Also JamUp pro is on sale too. How does it compare to ampkit and amplitube?

• edited March 2013

BM2 and Samplr FTW. If you have BM2 there is no real reason you would need DM1 imo. Jamup>Amkit. I think both of those are better than Amplitube for guitar sounds (sorry ik, I do like your apps), but Amplitube has the plugins for VocalLive, so it's the best choice for vocal effects using AB right now.

• I had been an Amplitube VST user for years, but I'm glad that I tried the free versions of JamUp, Amplitube and Ampkit first before buying one. In the end, I bought JamUp Pro because it sounded a million times better than anything else.

• I agree with @boone51. If you have beatmaker you don't really need ipmc or dm1 at this point. Just go get the sounds from the internet or a sample library and spend your time learning beatmaker.

With a good selection of drum hits you should be able to make a ton of music with Bm2, sunrizer and sampler alone. Plus all those other apps you already have. Get down for a while and then find a whole that needs filling with that extra cash instead of filling your garage wall with tools you may not really need (typing this from my garage with some tools on the wall I've used once!)