Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus Midi Clock with Quantisation

Is it in production ?

Is it even possible ?

What does it look like ?

I dream of the day that Audiobus Is my global midi clock and that all apps once synced via midi clock will start to play perfectly quantised when I press play on any given app in the Audiobus bar....

Will my dreams ever come true ?

Anyone care to comment ?

Comments

• DaveMagoo's MIDIdream which adds a AB-style Midi pane to your synths. Where is it Dave? Where is it!?!?!

• that would be brilliant. essentially turning an ipad into a mini version of Ableton Live.

i'll take it :)

• edited March 2013

Lets hope so!
    Some way of reliably syncing sequencers/arps would add another gear to the ios revolution. The gear hasn't got the power to run all these apps together but if you you could sync them from a master source you could overdub to your hearts content on a suitable audio recorder.

I think apple needs to write the code into ios to make this 100% compatible with all apps. Do any of you know if this function exists in ios at the moment?

• I think Sebastian's team are working on something in this ball park..sure something similar has been mentioned previously.

Even a WIST upgrade that syncs apps on the SAME ipad rather than having to have 2 iPads.

• Michael has expressed his distaste for WIST on the loopy forum a few times. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one! Minds do change though...