Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 1.3 Sneak Peak

Just spotted this on the Steinberg forums, posted today: https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=37143

"Here is a sneak preview of what's coming with Cubasis 1.3 among other things.
We hope you like what you can see on the screenshot. ;)
This update is scheduled to be available mid of April."

Screenshot link: http://d.pr/i/Dw13

Looks like Steinberg is listening to the user requests. I wonder what else is in store...

Comments

• I like what Steinberg is doing. Their showing that their serious about improving customer relations and their product.

• Next month will be an interesting one for DAWs. Cubasis is introducing EQ and Auria is adding time stretching and automatic region duplication.

• And here I am with like $60 of iTunes store credit chomping at the bit to get my first serious (non-GarageBand DAW). I'm so torn between the options, but I feel like if I make a choice now I could so easily regret it when the next major round of updates hits.

• Great news, a good versatile EQ was one of the key missing effects, and this one looks the business!

• Nice...the studio EQ is one of my favorite features in the desktop version.

• @jesse_ohio Auria gets my vote. It's not as pretty as Cubasis, but you get a lot more bang for your buck imo. No midi, but it's coming. The FabFilter plugins are amazing in Auria.

• @boone51 the problem is I only have an iPad Mini (and an iPad 2 which I gave to my wife). From everything I have read, Auria is just too much for the 2nd-gen iPads to handle, processing-wise. I really value stability and UI responsiveness in my apps, so no matter how many goodies Auria brings to the table, if I'm frustrated the entire time I'm in it I simply won't want to use it.

But I am definitely open to hearing arguments to the contrary. I've come so close to pulling the trigger on Cubasis a number of times, but then I'll read some awesome feedback about Auria or BM2 and backpedal...

• @jesse_ohio I hear ya. I use Auria on my iPad 2 (waiting for the next gen before upgrading feel like an eternity, fyi). I don't really mind it, but you have to be aware of what you've got running in the background. If you're using it to record from AB there are just some app setups that do not work. That being said, I've record into Auria with Jamup and Animoog and other apps all the time. i'm more of a one-at-a-time recording guy though, so my taxes on the system are probably not as high as some folks on here. I bought Cubasis when I was waiting on BM2 to get on the bus. I'm not "disappointed" but it's not getting any love now that BM2 IS on the bus. There was a nasty bug in it (that they've since fixed) so it started collecting dust. It's a great UI though, and I'm sure it's better suited for some out there. BM2 is an amazing little app and if you don't own that, I would honestly start there (especially considering it's less than half the price of either Cubasis or Auria). It's a powerhouse. Ultimately its going to be down to what you use the app for. I do a lot of recording of live instruments and I like to play around with audio after recording it with filters, so Auria wins for me. I still think BM2 is a very (and possibly more) powerful app. My 2000 cents worth.

• @boone51 dude, awesome feedback. Thanks. Great food for thought. FYI I've started a thread on this topic so we don't get too off-topic here. http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/643/pick-a-daw-any-daw-er-help-me-pick-a-daw#Item_1

Feel free to follow-up with any more input after reading my novella of a topic =)

• UI responsiveness was what brought me to the Cubasis side after owning Auria. As much as I loved what Auria could do, I found myself much more productive with Cubasis due to the fact everything was snappy and the UI was built from the ground up for touch. Auria to me felt like a desktop DAW on a touch device.

• I entirely agree with @hypoetical but it wasn't just responsiveness it's the whole designed for touch thing (not that Cubasis implimentation is perfect....yet!). I found myself using Cubasis, with major bugs and minus lots of features that I'd like it to have, over Auria which had many of those features. When I sat and thought about why it came down to the user experience created by the UI. I love what Auria can do but I don't find it slik on a touch interface and kept getting drawn into editing/programing tasks that broke the creative flow. I just wish Cubasis was moving forward a little faster but ..... isn't that always the case?!