Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help I have low output in GarageBand

Hey guys

I just bought audiobus and use the following software :

Input

Beat maker 2
Sunrizer synth

Output GarageBand

When I use the sampler to grab the audio from my other tools it works fine. My problem is that my sounds get extremely low in GarageBand and I wonder why. Can anyone help me on this?

Comments

• This could be wrong but usually if the recorded signal is low it's down to the input signal being too low..this is a very easy mistake to make when using headphones and your iPads volume is high..you think everything is loud so you lower the volume of say BM2 and Sunrizer so it's comfortable in your ears however when you record that signal is too low and will reflect in the mix..check your input levels are high enough..like I say this could be wrong and you've already done this, but so far I have not had any level problems recording into the GB..although I did notice the recorded waveform did look low the sound was fine...one more thing Sunrizer output is always high, the gain is always set high on that synth and I usually have to lower it before I record with it, but if you lower too far you will get the result you are getting...hope this helps...let us know how you get on..
    PS Welcome to the wonderful world of Audiobus

• edited June 2013

Hi again,

I still have this problem with GB, no matter what app I use, wether it is SunriZer or beatmaker, the volume is incredibly low in Garageband, it is useless.

In SunRizer and Beatmaker, it is set to 1 DB and as you can see the volume bar is around red / yellow, but in garageband it is green as VERY low.

If I could use GB as input it would be a whole other story, but as it can only be used as output I really have a problem here.

No matter if I use SunRizer or Beatmaker 2, the sound is TOO low in GB to even be noticed when I use sample.

Edit: I noticed that I can actually control every single volume per track. The thing is just if I turn volume up to 100 for my samples, they are as loud as the GB sounds (which is around 80%). It works fine, but I would love if it was possible to have the same volume overall.

• edited June 2013

I suspect your difficulty may be because GB's sampler is recording mono (whereas its Audio Recorder will do stereo) and the default is to record the left channel. If you can persuade Sunrizer/BM2 to pan to one channel and adjust the volume appropriately, it may sample better in GB. Do you need to use GB's sampler instead of its Audio Recorder?