Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An extraordinary day..

Well here in the UK the day is drawing to a close and I would like to take a moment and congradulate Michael and Sebastian on a remarkable achievment in music advancement for everyone..Thanks for making my workflow easier and more effective. I'm sure everyone would agree that what you guys have done is both momentous and will prove to be a historic turning point in digital music production..for myself and Jo at thesoundtestroom we thank you both and are pleased we were here at the start...

Comments

• I second that emotion.

• Audiobus is the glue that ties all the apps together. Music is so much easier because of it.

• Well said. I've thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this even if I'm only a spectator. It's been my favorite pastime since somehwhere around December 11th of 2012.

• I just hope the audiobus doesn't become the apple cart.
    But I got a funny feeling logic for ipad is in the wings and the AB T-shirts could become a collectors item.
    Hope not tho.

• Truly a revolutionary idea in terms of creativity and its only going to grow. Let the iOS Renaissance begin!

Cheers to Michael and Sebastian on a job well done!

• Great point @commonstookie. Just ordered mine.

• Nah..have faith man,but summer is comin an the black one would look good on me.

• Thank you all! :)

• Audiobus is a great idea, so easy to use and elegantly implemented. It deserves all the success it is getting.

• Everyone else said it best so....Ditto x1000!!! Congrats Sebastian & Michael and look forward to future innovations!

• Yep, what you did with audiobus made me consider to work again as a composer. This little (big) piece of software helped me to bring back passion and excitment. What i love most is that someday i'll say : "yeah I was there when it all began... When iOS music apps were toys no more" ;)

• Well, agreed, definitely. Thanks to all the other devs round here, too. If someone told me way back when I began making music that one day I would own a Moog, a Korg synth, a Fairlight among other synths and that my music would be accesible worldwide (well, accesible doesn't mean of course, that the whole world listens, but...nevertheless...it IS accesible worldwide...).....

• edited March 2013

Hey guys,
    I've been lurking here for a while now and this would be a good time to say hi and thank Sebastian,Mike and all members for bringing music making back into my life.
    Over a year ago i left my band which i was playing with for years (bluesharp) and i really missed making music. At the end of last year i saw audiobus and i realized i could finally do something with my lifelong fascination for synthesizers.
    I made it my first new years resolution ever that at the end of this year i have made at least one hour of music that i always wanted to make.
    In januari i bought a korg microkey 25 that since a week has been replaced with an akai synthstation 49.
    There is so much to learn,synthesis,playing keys,recording in auria,and i'm loving it.
    All the people around me say they haven't seen me this cheerfull in a long time and they're right.
    Audiobus pushed me into making electronic music in an affordable and intuitive way.

So thanks again,all of you!

• What a day indeed...
    Apple embracing Audiobus with GarageBand release and AB SDK is going public.
    What does it all mean? It means that Audiobus has just became THE standard for interconnecting music apps :)
    BTW; According to Appshopper, Audiobus is number 1 :)

• Another "silent lurker" here.... Congratulations to the Audiobus team for your remarkable & inspirational achievements & also a big thankyou to all who contribute to
    this marvelous forum - easily the most civilized ,informative & helpful I have ever
    participated in and a place I look forward to visiting every day, thanks again .

• It's a happy bus...like one big bus family sometimes the ride get long and cramped and we have our disagreements but at the next bus stop, we get out, stretch, and make up! All thanks to Michael Sebastian and there beautiful creation Audiobus!

• Well I, for one, preferred when apps were difficult to use in tandem and I had to record the headphone output of my iPad to get the sounds into a usable DAW. Recording is difficult and anything that makes it easier is for amateurs and noobs. Audiobus is a pain to use and the quality is sub-par. Mike and Sebastian have essentially ruined iOS music making for me and I can never forgive them.

Also, according to my 7 year old niece, it's opposite day.

Hope your day sucks! I am extremely ungrateful Michael and Sebastian! May the next year bring you tragic failure and crippling financial insecurity!

Hate you all and I hope to never see you again!

• HAHAH I read the last sentence first and thought UH-OH! hehe :-P