Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a great, subtle bass-sound app

Comments

  • I had some success in the past using midi from iBassist playing iFretless Bass. Not done it in a long while and dont have the files anymore, so can't remember exactly how successful it was. I tend to just use either synth basses or Logics Bass Player now, but I can't say I've come across really subtle playing bass apps that have a large range of bass player techniques readily available for easy programming.

    Hopefully someone else can help, as I missed ios app watching for a couple of years back, so may have missed a few. I think we still lack a lot in certain areas due to the price on ios issue - many devs still avoid porting more complex apps to ios due to the work involved for the monetary value that people except paying for ios apps - this is steadily changing.

  • Interesting point about the economics (iOS <> desktop).
    No doubt a factor..

    Yeah that app above I mentioned (Kontact), these are definitely in the multi-sample-nfinity category)

    Ty for the tip on iFretless Bass, i have that app also.

    I don’t have iBassist though..

    —-just to clarify, you are using iBassist to trigger sounds playing from iFretless, is that right? (Or the other way round)?

    Yeah those 2 apps have 0definitely been around a while. I too went on an app hiatus as my iPad died on n off for 6months.

  • I use garage band for bass guitar. Its really the only thing i use garage band for haah.
    I think logic has some basses too so I’ll probably switch to that

  • @SkillipEvolver said:
    Interesting point about the economics (iOS <> desktop).
    No doubt a factor..

    Yeah that app above I mentioned (Kontact), these are definitely in the multi-sample-nfinity category)

    Ty for the tip on iFretless Bass, i have that app also.

    I don’t have iBassist though..

    —-just to clarify, you are using iBassist to trigger sounds playing from iFretless, is that right? (Or the other way round)?

    Yeah those 2 apps have 0definitely been around a while. I too went on an app hiatus as my iPad died on n off for 6months.

    Yes, I used the midi from iBassist to play iFretless bass sounds. I then used some live iFretless playing mixed in, if I remember correctly.

    Also I use FM apps and the old (I think discontinued) PPG apps for bass sounds - probably because I love the Eighties lol

  • edited July 9

    have you tried tweaking the Bassalicious patches? if it is too dominant you can lower cut-off, filter env. etc to tame it a bit...also apply EQ afterwards in the chain

    to my tastes Bassalicious works ideally for "real" bass sounds

    edit: also a lot of the Bassalicious presets have a reverb on them by default - click through to the native FX window and turn this off, might help your situation

  • I used MODO Bass on desktop which is an app IK don’t seem to want to port to iOS.

    However I’ve recently been using Logic’s new built in Session Bass instruments and they are really good. And not as buggy as MODO.

  • Whatever bass I use, I often run a parallel track using iM1 with one of the electric bass guitars (or upright basses), as reinforcement without being noticed

  • My PPG bass patches which I know are probably the polar opposite of ‘subtle’ lol

  • edited July 9

    That's a lovely sounding bass indeed @SkillipEvolver.
    Try the Pick Muted and Pick Roundwood presets in PureSynth. I think they're close.

  • Bassalicious 2 for sampled bass sounds (hybrid Rompler/Synth) has some of my favorites and most used bass sounds.

    Logic Pro 2 for iPad has a bunch of new and amazing bass instrument sounds that were added in the recent update that brought the AI session players (keys, bass, drummers) and all of them sound REALLY good!

    One that hasn’t been mentioned yet is Lowtone from ToneBoosters. Doug did a video on it if you wanna hear it in action.

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tb-lowtone/id6448315127

  • @Fruitbat1919 Nice! Have you ever shared these? 😉

  • @rs2000 said:
    @Fruitbat1919 Nice! Have you ever shared these? 😉

    Yes, I did share these from my Dropbox on here years ago, but that was under my old profile which was deleted, so can't remember where they are. Will be under a PPG thread somewhere no doubt and my Dropbox is still active, even though I don't use it anymore.

  • BeatHawk Total Bass pack has loads of nice bass sounds.

  • I've always found Madrid (Korg Gadget IAP) to be a great source for basses that sit subtly into a mix. It's just a little ROMpler but punches way above its weight for quality.

  • But don’t we all take a nice bass and PUNCH IT lol

  • edited July 9

    @reasOne said:
    I use garage band for bass guitar. Its really the only thing i use garage band for haah.
    I think logic has some basses too so I’ll probably switch to that

    The new Session basses in Logic Pro are excellent. I suspect Session guitarists will be coming next.

  • Sub808 is neat

  • @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @rs2000 said:
    @Fruitbat1919 Nice! Have you ever shared these? 😉

    Yes, I did share these from my Dropbox on here years ago, but that was under my old profile which was deleted, so can't remember where they are. Will be under a PPG thread somewhere no doubt and my Dropbox is still active, even though I don't use it anymore.

    Thanks, found it! A search for "wavemapper" did it for me.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @rs2000 said:
    @Fruitbat1919 Nice! Have you ever shared these? 😉

    Yes, I did share these from my Dropbox on here years ago, but that was under my old profile which was deleted, so can't remember where they are. Will be under a PPG thread somewhere no doubt and my Dropbox is still active, even though I don't use it anymore.

    Thanks, found it! A search for "wavemapper" did it for me.

    Should be about 3 packs if I remember right

  • @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @rs2000 said:
    @Fruitbat1919 Nice! Have you ever shared these? 😉

    Yes, I did share these from my Dropbox on here years ago, but that was under my old profile which was deleted, so can't remember where they are. Will be under a PPG thread somewhere no doubt and my Dropbox is still active, even though I don't use it anymore.

    Thanks, found it! A search for "wavemapper" did it for me.

    Should be about 3 packs if I remember right

    By the way, they are designed to be played on the apps keyboard. They don't sound the same just played via straight midi to the AUv3. Maybe one of the other midi keyboards will work, I admit I've not tried.

  • @rs2000 said:
    That's a lovely sounding bass indeed @SkillipEvolver.
    Try the Pick Muted and Pick Roundwood presets in PureSynth. I think they're close.

    What he said ^.

  • For SUB bass I like to use auGen X -- it has solid simple waveforms to which you can add either internally or externally and saturation ( bleass fusion, phase mutant, and saturator) and filter a bit off the top if its pokes out too much.

Sign In or Register to comment.