Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitarism: Any word on iOS8 update?

mmpmmp
edited October 2014 in General App Discussion

Has anyone heard any news about this? I could not find anything on the website or FB page.

While most of my regular go-to apps have been updated, this is the only app I'm really waiting for to get iOS8 support...
Beginning to get worried about the lack of news, hoping Rhism is OK!

Comments

• Well, let's just hope he hasn't abandoned us, then.

@Rhism: t's the lack of communications that worries me, an explanation about the delay and a re-assurance about any upcoming support would go a long way...thanks!

• @mmp Thanks for tagging me! Working on the v3.25 update to support iOS8. It's not out yet for 2 reasons:

1) iOS 8 has a fundamental incompatibility with the way guitarism handles screen orientation, because of which I'm having to do deep surgery to make it work. It's not as simple as it should have been. I spent last weekend on getting it to work on iPhone (which is a simpler use-case) and will be spending this weekend on getting it to work on iPad. Fingers crossed I can submit it after this. Note that v3.25 will be iOS8-only i.e. no back-compat with iOS7, necessitated by this deep surgery

2) With a busy new job and a busy home life, I don't get as much time to spend on the app as I used to. Weekends are all I can spare now. Luckily my brother built the Android version for me, otherwise it'd never have gotten done. I don't even know how to make any changes to the Android code, he wrote all of it.

• mmpmmp
    edited October 2014

Thank you, @Rhism! Much appreciated, and good luck with the work!
    One of my favourite apps, glad to know it'll back eventually!

• Thanks for the work and explanation, @Rhism. Appreciate the support.

• @mmp ...and the update has been submitted to Apple. Looks like they're trending at about 12 days for review time, so unless they reject it for some reason it should be out in a couple weeks!

• @Rhism: Thank you very much, that's great news!

• @mmp Err... that was fast. Apple approved my update in less than 24 hrs, so it should be live now! :)

• Wow. Congrats! :)

• @Rhism, great, Apple moves in mysterious ways...

It doesn't show up on my iPad yet, but it probably will over the next few hours...looking forward to playing Guitarism again!

• @Rhism

Update just came through, and everything appears to be working fine (did a short test with AB, Caramel and Auria, and all worked well).

Thanks again!

• hi rhism good to hear you out there, a new job can be hectic but in times like these it's the good kind of hectic. I wanted to ask does the update include midi in?

• @mmp Thanks for the report - glad it's working. There seems to be an issue with downloading the electric guitars (6-string and 12-string) but I should be able to fix that server-side without updating the app again, so should have that done later tonight.

@kobamoto Not yet - this one's just iOS 8 compatibilty and an iOS8-related crash on iPhone for switching guitars/effects. The 'new feature' list is first custom chords, second midi in.

• Okay thanks for the heads up

• ..and the electric guitar issue is now fixed.

Also, the muted notes on electric guitar used to be very soft. That issue has now been fixed. If you already had the electric guitar sound pack you'll need to delete it (swipe left on the guitar picker) and re-download to get the new sounds. At some point I'll put in some auto-detection code but for now it needs the manual step to update to the new sounds. Thanks to @audiojunkie for calling that issue out

• Might be worthwhile putting a warning in BIG letters about non ios7 compatibility. Some idiot is bound to update and then moan/give you poor ratings if not

• Glad I saw this thread! Now I won't pester him about MIDI in! Not anything I actually cared about until I bought Guitar Capo+ last week - I actually like both the sounds and strumming in Guitarism better, but the MIDI in in Guitar Capo+ is huge because you can program guitar tracks on mobile that are actually in tempo and sound like a real guitar.

So, yes, that capability with the great sounds of Guitarism would be excellent!

• @Rhism said:

..and the electric guitar issue is now fixed.

Also, the muted notes on electric guitar used to be very soft. That issue has now been fixed. If you already had the electric guitar sound pack you'll need to delete it (swipe left on the guitar picker) and re-download to get the new sounds. At some point I'll put in some auto-detection code but for now it needs the manual step to update to the new sounds. Thanks to @audiojunkie for calling that issue out

Yay!!!!!!!!! Thanks @Rhism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• @StormJH1 said:

Glad I saw this thread! Now I won't pester him about MIDI in! Not anything I actually cared about until I bought Guitar Capo+ last week - I actually like both the sounds and strumming in Guitarism better, but the MIDI in in Guitar Capo+ is huge because you can program guitar tracks on mobile that are actually in tempo and sound like a real guitar.

So, yes, that capability with the great sounds of Guitarism would be excellent!

hallelujah I'm not the only one!!! and it's coming

• @Ian Actually people on iOS 7 won't see the update, so it should be all good on that front :) But I just meant to call out that Guitarism is going iOS 8-only to indicate that future updates (to add custom chords, midi in etc) would require iOS 8 too.