Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yet another big day today - WWDC 2024 - predictions?

Today is the day when we hopefully will get the new versions of iOS/iPadOS 18 beta 1 - and, with that probably and hopefully more and better functionality in our Apple devices OS…

What will just you see today concerning iOS/iPadOS core functions?

Here’s my list of improvements I wish Apple could give us today:

  1. File management - give us an really professional file manager app, something likes “Files Pro” with tabs, compress/decompress more formats than Zip, give us the ability to longpress a file and that would give us the option to open that file in any app, not just a few as it is now…
    Multi-rename files and folders - comeon Apple!
    If Apple refuse giving us tabs in Files app, then bring us possibility to run more than one instance of Files so we could drag’n’drop files and folders between the Files windows.
    There’s more, but, the potential to build an advanced file manager is there, especially for the iPad…

  2. I wish Apple could give us the ability to run our iPads on external screens with iPad screen off, not as it is now that force us to have to screens opened.

  3. Give us the option to longpress an app-icon and move that app to any app folder, and skip that clunky way it works today…

  4. Apple, give us Xcode to our iPads - that would be cool! They could restrict this to iPad Pros with 16GB RAM and M2/M4 CPUs… That would certainly sell much more high end iPads!

So, how does your list looks like?

«1

Comments

  • edited June 10

    +1 for proper file management and full file access to app sandboxes.
    Not for apps but for us users when we need it.
    iPads deserve more than a super limiting security concept that only fits a mobile phone well.

    It's one of the biggest advantages of Windows tablets, next to extensible storage and ... tadaaa ... a headphones jack.

  • New AI Emojis

  • A macOS app on the iPad, with virtualization features like Mac apps in the iPad's dock, and drag-and-drop between Mac and iPad. This would make me buy a new iPad Pro in a second.

  • @OnfraySin said:
    New AI Emojis

    Of course, AI emojis!!!

    The next step in AI also - in Apple Music subscription, we will be allowed to listen to (as an example) Elvis Prestley but we will be allowed to choose another voice instead of Elvis, maybe Frank Sinatra or Tom Waits?
    That would be cool!

  • edited June 10

    @rs2000 said:
    +1 for proper file management and full file access to app sandboxes.
    Not for apps but for us users when we need it.
    iPads deserve more than a super limiting security concept that only fits a mobile phone well.

    It's one of the biggest advantages of Windows tablets, next to extensible storage and ... tadaaa ... a headphones jack.

    One way to go for Apple considering security and access to whole file system, and, access to all settings/preferences into iOS/iPadOS, that would be to release a iPadOS 18 Pro - this Pro version could be $100 and that would affect just professional to use Pro features and the rest will continue using the free iPadOS 18…

    Can that be a reality? Apple loves to mark things Pro marks, so why not there iOS/iPadOS also?

  • edited June 10

    It's all bean been leaked by Mark Gurman if you want spoilers.

  • @klownshed said:
    It's all bean leaked by Mark Gurman if you want spoilers.

    Bean?
    Cool beans, or been? 🤔🤔😂😂

  • @HolyMoses said:

    @klownshed said:
    It's all bean leaked by Mark Gurman if you want spoilers.

    Bean?
    Cool beans, or been? 🤔🤔😂😂

    Beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat...

  • @HolyMoses It could easily be one of the security related popups asking you for permission. No need for a different OS.
    And yes, there's not much "pro" about the Pro models but that adjective is heavily overused anyway 😛

  • I like the idea of a new password app, but other than that I’m guessing it will be a lot of stuff I probably won’t use anyway. The leaked AI things they’ve hinted at don’t really seem like they would make my life any easier. A lot of that stuff always seems to be targeting business users or social media addicts who don’t know how to manage their notifications.

    We shall see though.

  • @HolyMoses you can already open two windows in Files, use Split View and drag and drop.

    I’d like the ability to use multiple audio interfaces at once (not that I do, really, but it’d be nice not to have to worry about connecting new instruments that have built in interfaces.

    I’d also like them to not break anything vital, eg the class compliant outgoing MIDI that they managed to bork in 17 and have only just fixed (yup, I am embittered! 🤣).

    What I suspect we'll get is AI with blooming everything…

  • +1 for better filemanegement.

    And….
    Me: Hey siri i have been to a party
    Siri: why have beans at the party?
    Me: no no i have been to a party.
    Siri: why have beans at the party?
    Me: NO NO! i have been to a party.
    Siri: why have beans at the party
    Me: NO NO L I S T E N!!!
    i have been to a party.
    Never mind F’ you Siri….

  • edited June 10

    @Lorichs said:
    +1 for better filemanegement.

    And….
    Me: Hey siri i have been to a party
    Siri: why have beans at the party?
    Me: no no i have been to a party.
    Siri: why have beans at the party?
    Me: NO NO! i have been to a party.
    Siri: why have beans at the party
    Me: NO NO L I S T E N!!!
    i have been to a party.
    Never mind F’ you Siri….

    This is just like what MS CoPilot does occasionally - I put up a question how much a package of cigarettes cost 1963 in Sweden, but, the answer I got was the average salary in Sweden 1963… Hmmm…

    I repeated the question several times, and, telled the AI idiot that’s about cigarettes not salary, but, the sixth answer I’ve got was, voila, the Swedish average salary 1963… WTF!

    Also, put up some silly and easy calculation and the answer can right, or, totally fuckin’ wrong…

  • Wtf, what just happens?
    Did Apple really present ONE new feature in any OS that really is exciting??

    Nothing about news to Files app on iPad, or, any other technical piece under the hood smashing improvement…?

    I’m speechless, had high hopes on todays keynote…

  • Still need more emojis.

  • I didn't watch the WWDC. Seems like I didn't miss much of anything.

  • “hey siri, summarize WWDC for me”

    “I’m sorry, this feature is not yet available”

  • edited June 10

    @HolyMoses said:
    Wtf, what just happens?
    Did Apple really present ONE new feature in any OS that really is exciting??

    Nothing about news to Files app on iPad, or, any other technical piece under the hood smashing improvement…?

    I’m speechless, had high hopes on todays keynote…

    You went into the presentation with expectations about something that had never been rumored or speculated on? That was a mistake. With Apple, always wait until they announce something, then react. I've learned this helps avoid all disappointment.

    Frankly, my head is still spinning from all of the things they talked about. The integration of their own version of AI across all platforms is quite something in my opinion. And if Siri is even remotely usable after the next update, that will also be something.

    Since I still have an older iPad Pro I won't be able to use any of the new features on it, but for their phone and desktop software, I'll be very interested to see what these improvements mean for me. It's completely possible none of it will be useful to me.

  • @NeuM said:

    @HolyMoses said:
    Wtf, what just happens?
    Did Apple really present ONE new feature in any OS that really is exciting??

    Nothing about news to Files app on iPad, or, any other technical piece under the hood smashing improvement…?

    I’m speechless, had high hopes on todays keynote…

    You went into the presentation with expectations about something that had never been rumored or speculated on? That was a mistake. With Apple, always wait until they announce something, then react. I've learned this helps avoid all disappointment.

    Frankly, my head is still spinning from all of the things they talked about. The integration of their own version of AI across all platforms is quite something in my opinion. And if Siri is even remotely usable after the next update, that will also be something.

    Since I still have an older iPad Pro I won't be able to use any of the new features on it, but for their phone and desktop software, I'll be very interested to see what these improvements mean for me. It's completely possible none of it will be useful to me.

    So I get the impression now that there was more to the presentation than I initially assumed. I'll give it a watch on Youtube when I have spare time. :)

  • wimwim
    edited June 10

    itsha, Ia aswa opingha orfa ana igpa atinla utoa ypeta. 😕

  • edited June 11

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @NeuM said:

    @HolyMoses said:
    Wtf, what just happens?
    Did Apple really present ONE new feature in any OS that really is exciting??

    Nothing about news to Files app on iPad, or, any other technical piece under the hood smashing improvement…?

    I’m speechless, had high hopes on todays keynote…

    You went into the presentation with expectations about something that had never been rumored or speculated on? That was a mistake. With Apple, always wait until they announce something, then react. I've learned this helps avoid all disappointment.

    Frankly, my head is still spinning from all of the things they talked about. The integration of their own version of AI across all platforms is quite something in my opinion. And if Siri is even remotely usable after the next update, that will also be something.

    Since I still have an older iPad Pro I won't be able to use any of the new features on it, but for their phone and desktop software, I'll be very interested to see what these improvements mean for me. It's completely possible none of it will be useful to me.

    So I get the impression now that there was more to the presentation than I initially assumed. I'll give it a watch on Youtube when I have spare time. :)

    It's worth watching if you skip to the iPhoneOS, iPadOS and AI sections, in my opinion. Those are the things that will affect us here the most.

    And keep in mind, WWDC is a developer's conference so the things they announce now won't affect us until later this year.

    After WWDC is over, I'd like to hear from the developers who post here regularly for their impressions.

  • @wim said:
    itsha, Ia aswa opingha orfa ana igpa atinla utoa ypeta. 😕

    Dear Wim - don’t drink on mondays, it’s a weekend thing…

  • @wim said:
    itsha, Ia aswa opingha orfa ana igpa atinla utoa ypeta. 😕

    :D Pig latin keyboard will be a separately downloadable app...

  • Now is iPadOS 18 beta 1 on it’s way into one of my iPads (a M1)…

    Curious to see if there is some surprises not mentioned in todays WWDC keynote…

  • Not a lot of music making related news, but day to day quality of life additions across all my devices were huge for me.

    The AI stuff was integrated deeper and more “Apple-like” than I expected.

  • @HolyMoses said:

    If Apple refuse giving us tabs in Files app, then bring us possibility to run more than one instance of Files so we could drag’n’drop files and folders between the Files windows.

    You can run files app in split view and have 2 instances…is this what you mean?

  • edited June 11

    I would argue that deep integration of LLM's wide across entire Apple ecosystem and providing tons of API for developers is HUGE thing .. it is not small minor update .. such deep and natural integration of AI is EXACTLY thing which moves use cases of AI forward - it will make them absolutely natural and invisible services which just do their job when their help is needed...

    I also understand why it took Apple so much time. This is not like making some app to chat with it. This is something else. Deep natural integration across entire ecosystem of apps and operating systems and providing advanced API to developers is big step.

    @Tarekith said:
    Not a lot of music making related news, but day to day quality of life additions across all my devices were huge for me.

    The AI stuff was integrated deeper and more “Apple-like” than I expected.

    This exactly .. i am excited, i am just afraid i will need new iPhone to fully utilised this thing cause i'm in doubt my iPhone XS MAX with A12 chip will be able to run all that on-device ML stuff :lol:

  • edited June 11

    @Mountain_Hamlet said:

    @HolyMoses said:

    If Apple refuse giving us tabs in Files app, then bring us possibility to run more than one instance of Files so we could drag’n’drop files and folders between the Files windows.

    You can run files app in split view and have 2 instances…is this what you mean?

    How could I have missed this for all this years???

    Thanks for that!!!

    I wish they could give us tabbed view also, that would be nice…

    I have lately start using Filebrowser Pro, and, that app is great, but, I always prefer stock apps in the long run…

  • @Lorichs said:
    +1 for better filemanegement.

    And….
    Me: Hey siri i have been to a party
    Siri: why have beans at the party?
    Me: no no i have been to a party.
    Siri: why have beans at the party?
    Me: NO NO! i have been to a party.
    Siri: why have beans at the party
    Me: NO NO L I S T E N!!!
    i have been to a party.
    Never mind F’ you Siri….

    siri is so trash

Sign In or Register to comment.