Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording the workstation Korg M3

Hi all !

I have just discovered Audiobus thanks to GarageBand's update !

I have a Korg M3 and I would like to record it with my iPhone 5. I would like a CLEAN recording (so no microphone recording).

If possible I would also like to record its MIDI signal (but first record the audio signal from it).

What hardware should I plug into my iPhone 5 ?

Comments

• Hi syrupcore,

I looked your links, but I still cannot find what I am looking for. Maybe I am not clear enough.

Basically, what I want to know is : Do I just need to use the Lighting-to-USB cable of the iPhone 5 and plug it into my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ?

Most of the vid on YouTube show people connecting their iPad with the Apple Camera Kit (I don't really get why. Why not using the basic iPad USB cable directly instead ?). So is there some kind of needed cable for the iPhone ?

• Difficult to record stereo audio with an iPhone...but if don't mind a mono signal you could use iRig guitar adapter...take a cable from the left/mono output from the korg and into iRig..like I say it will be mono, but not a bad workaround...it's not so bad with an iPad because you can use things like the Alesis iDock...

• Thank you thesoundtestroom.

I think iRig is the right thing to start with (the Alesis iDock is kind of expensive for just an iPad support).

By the way, is there no product that combines iRig AND iRig MIDI ? (basically an iRig-like that records with a USB input and not audio input)

• One of the griffin (Griffith?) products might work for the iPhone. Not sure. If you want mono into your iPhone for cheap, get the peavey ampkit link instead of the irig. Much lower crosstalk.

• If you need quality sound the Apogee Jam ($100) works well via a 30 pin to lightning adapter. You cannot use the charging USB cable, it goes the wrong way (the iPhone needs to be the host, not the client), and the Camera Connector Kit does not work with the iPhone 5. I do not know of a stereo way in, the Jam is mono. But much better quaity than using the microphone input, like the iRig does.

• I have a korg m3 and I cannot figure out how to record with the microphone. I have read the manual and there is not enough information. HELP!

• I have a korg m3 and I cannot figure out how to record with the microphone. I have read the manual and there is not enough information. HELP!

• There's also a weird echo on your keyboard...

• Hi, as said before, the connectorcable works the other direction, you can't use it, but it' easy with the cck: plug your interface into the cck (don't know right now, if the Fast Track Ultra gives you a stereo-in, of course this is necessary to have on the interface), connect the Korg M3 output to the stereo in, and have fun!
    Cheers, animal