Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Nanostudio 2 abandoned? Unable to download preset packs

I got a new iPhone and downloaded Nanostudio 2, and when I tried to download my previously purchased presets I got a download error. I checked the AppStore and the app hasn't been updated for a few years, and the official forum has very little recent activity.

I would actually be more bummed about the possibility of Nanostudio 2 not working than not being able to download the presets. On that note, if it's indeed no longer being developed, some company should acquire it. It's far too good to fade away.

Whatever the case, anyone heard anything?

Comments

• Not sure as I haven’t switched iOS devices in 8 months, but I alerted Matt via email.

• @ChimmyChungaFace said:
    I got a new iPhone and downloaded Nanostudio 2, and when I tried to download my previously purchased presets I got a download error.

I would assume that NanoStudio is no longer in development, but I have a solution to the IAP problem after spending a couple of weeks trying to reinstall the packs.

Delete and reinstall NS2. After launching for the first time, DO NOT restore purchases. You will have to hit the purchase button for each IAP that you want to reinstall; if you’ve bought them previously, you won’t be charged for them again.

There is a bug since iOS 14 that can prevent the mass reinstall of IAPs; once one fails to install, it blocks all subsequent installs and can’t be fixed without deleting and reinstalling NS2.

However, repurchasing and installing forces the IAPs to install one at a time, bypassing the bug. It’s a pain, but I was able to restore all the packs on iPhone and iPad by doing them one by one.

Here is the thread that clued me into finding the solution, though it doesn’t seem that Matt knew of this workaround at the time.

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/discussion/comment/12151#Comment_12151

Specifically,

“The problem as I see it is this:

iOS starts downloading the IAP content
    At some point, a second download is initiated (there are a number of reasons for why this can happen, such as closing the app whilst a download is in progress, temporarily losing the connection etc).
    When the second download is finished, it finds that the first download has already completed and saved the file. The second download (and all subsequent downloads) all then fail because the file's already there.”

Hope this helps.

• @ahallam said:
    There is a bug since iOS 14 that can prevent the mass reinstall of IAPs; once one fails to install, it blocks all subsequent installs and can’t be fixed without deleting and reinstalling NS2.

this is very useful info and explains why i could never get my Synthmaster IAPs to download on my new iPad - thanks!

• @drewinnit said:

@ahallam said:

this is very useful info and explains why i could never get my Synthmaster IAPs to download on my new iPad - thanks!

FYI

@lbiyikoglu

Something to have in mind when porting SM3…

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Apple 😑😑😑

• @tja said:
    Apple 😑😑😑

As usually... one of reasons i am transitioning to HW-only production .. this enviroment is just unreliable, regardless of app .. it is far away from where i hoped it will be back on 2010 when i started with iOS music apps mostly "thanks" to Apple ...

• To be fair, hardware has its own reliability issues as well.