Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro for iPad 2 - Everything you need to know

I was lucky enough to get access to the app early, so I put together a video to help users get a head start with all of the new features.

«13

Comments

  • Great video, thanks for a thorough walkthrough!

  • Thank you for this overview. Really showcased features that I would've overlooked

  • That was great, well done.

  • Thanks for this video. If the Stem Splitter works that well, I think that I could dive in the subscription again.


  • Has anybody got any idea why it still says I’ve got 4 updates/downloads. When I seem to have downloaded everything ,other than a few producer packs, that I’m not really interested in 🤷🏻‍♂️ . Thanks

  • edited May 14

    Here's a small comparison of the stem splitter with some other splitters:

    It's cool to have it in the DAW and that quickly available (probably where the machine learning makes the difference).

    But to me from the video it doesn't sound much better than RipX which uses the Demucs algorithm, which you can also get in the free UVR (Ultimate Vocal Remover) Mac app. UVR can make use of Metal GPU acceleration on M1 Macs (Cuda on Windows) and is very fast as well, but it also run on the CPU.

  • @Gasman50 said:

    Has anybody got any idea why it still says I’ve got 4 updates/downloads. When I seem to have downloaded everything ,other than a few producer packs, that I’m not really interested in 🤷🏻‍♂️ . Thanks

    I had the same issue even after downloading 'everything' the dot simply didn't want to go away...
    ...the only solution was to delete and re-install LogicPro for iPad (after backing up the projects) not the best solution I know especially if you've previously saved presets within the app as they can not be manually backed up...

    I'm not overly impressed by LogicPro for iPad 2.0, the Mac version on the other hand has a bunch of really welcome additions.

  • With all the fancy new features in Logic, has the rent gone up? :smiley:

  • Great video - thanks!

  • Uhm... I was bummed that Stem Splitter needs M1.
    Apparently it splits quite well on my iPad Mini 6. Hell yeah!

  • The tempo track can you make it reduce tempo slowly ie draw in diagonal lines or does it jump up and down ?

  • @alecsbuga said:
    Uhm... I was bummed that Stem Splitter needs M1.
    Apparently it splits quite well on my iPad Mini 6. Hell yeah!

    Nice, hopefully they don’t ‘fix’ that :)
    How about ChromaGlow?

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    The tempo track can you make it reduce tempo slowly ie draw in diagonal lines or does it jump up and down ?

    You can go full on nutty mode with curves or lines etc.

  • I have the same issue with the 4 packs still showing FWIW.

  • @Tarekith said:
    I have the same issue with the 4 packs still showing FWIW.

    Yeah me too.

  • @richardyot said:

    @Tarekith said:
    I have the same issue with the 4 packs still showing FWIW.

    Yeah me too.

    I had to re-install the whole thing to get rid of it, so definitely a glitch...

  • edited May 14

    For anyone with that red dot announcement, I had it for a long time (having opened and updated everything). It nearly drove me nuts but today it was gone all of a sudden. So, doing like Samu, reinstalling the hole lot seem to have been overkill (sorry Samu)

  • Sadly mine still shows the red dot this morning, even after a few restarts. Oh well, new iPad arrives tomorrow and I'm going to do a fresh install of everything on it anyway.

  • @Tarekith said:
    Sadly mine still shows the red dot this morning, even after a few restarts. Oh well, new iPad arrives tomorrow and I'm going to do a fresh install of everything on it anyway.

    Have you tried turning off and on the Notifications setting for the app?

  • @NeuM said:

    @Tarekith said:
    Sadly mine still shows the red dot this morning, even after a few restarts. Oh well, new iPad arrives tomorrow and I'm going to do a fresh install of everything on it anyway.

    Have you tried turning off and on the Notifications setting for the app?

    Hmmm…
    For me, there’s no Logic Pro under system Preferences/Notifications…?

    Where do you find your place to shut off shut on notifications for Logic Pro?

  • edited May 14

    @HolyMoses said:

    @NeuM said:

    @Tarekith said:
    Sadly mine still shows the red dot this morning, even after a few restarts. Oh well, new iPad arrives tomorrow and I'm going to do a fresh install of everything on it anyway.

    Have you tried turning off and on the Notifications setting for the app?

    Hmmm…
    For me, there’s no Logic Pro under system Preferences/Notifications…?

    Where do you find your place to shut off shut on notifications for Logic Pro?

    I don't have a new iPad Pro and can't upgrade iPadOS to the latest version, but Notifications for all apps should be in Settings for the iPad. Find Logic Pro in the Notifications area, then turn off and on the "Allow Notifications" switch.

  • @NeuM said:

    @HolyMoses said:

    @NeuM said:

    @Tarekith said:
    Sadly mine still shows the red dot this morning, even after a few restarts. Oh well, new iPad arrives tomorrow and I'm going to do a fresh install of everything on it anyway.

    Have you tried turning off and on the Notifications setting for the app?

    Hmmm…
    For me, there’s no Logic Pro under system Preferences/Notifications…?

    Where do you find your place to shut off shut on notifications for Logic Pro?

    I don't have a new iPad Pro and can't upgrade iPadOS to the latest version, but Notifications for all apps should be in Settings for the iPad.

    Sorry, but Logic Pro isn’t among the apps there for me (iPad Pro Apple Silicon) iPadOS 17.5…

    Pretty strange?

  • @HolyMoses said:

    @NeuM said:

    @HolyMoses said:

    @NeuM said:

    @Tarekith said:
    Sadly mine still shows the red dot this morning, even after a few restarts. Oh well, new iPad arrives tomorrow and I'm going to do a fresh install of everything on it anyway.

    Have you tried turning off and on the Notifications setting for the app?

    Hmmm…
    For me, there’s no Logic Pro under system Preferences/Notifications…?

    Where do you find your place to shut off shut on notifications for Logic Pro?

    I don't have a new iPad Pro and can't upgrade iPadOS to the latest version, but Notifications for all apps should be in Settings for the iPad.

    Sorry, but Logic Pro isn’t among the apps there for me (iPad Pro Apple Silicon) iPadOS 17.5…

    Pretty strange?

    Are you able to find GarageBand options for notifications there? If so, then the same should be true for Logic Pro.

  • edited May 14

    @Samu said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    The tempo track can you make it reduce tempo slowly ie draw in diagonal lines or does it jump up and down ?

    You can go full on nutty mode with curves or lines etc.

    Hi @Samu thanks for that bit fiddly but got the idea now.

    Another Q for you, can you drag the chord track chords onto an individual track on the iPad version of Logic Pro 11 like you can in the desktop version do you know. Again I tried it but no joy.

  • @Jumpercollins said:

    @Samu said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    The tempo track can you make it reduce tempo slowly ie draw in diagonal lines or does it jump up and down ?

    You can go full on nutty mode with curves or lines etc.

    Hi @Samu thanks for that bit fiddly but got the idea now.

    Another Q for you, can you drag the chord track chords onto an individual track on the iPad version of LPX like you can in the desktop version do you know. Again I tried it but no joy.

    Doesn’t Wanna be rude, but it ain’t LPX any longer!
    Perhaps LPXI ?

  • edited May 14

    Taken down until i read the fix list.

  • edited May 14

    @MrSmileZ said:

    They didnt fix one thing from 1.0 that sucked, not one. Poor update. Its a fail to me. Most people wont care about the new features unless they want a karaoke daw.

    Actually they did fix quite a bit if you check the full release notes:

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/101628

  • @bluegroove said:

    @MrSmileZ said:

    They didnt fix one thing from 1.0 that sucked, not one. Poor update. Its a fail to me. Most people wont care about the new features unless they want a karaoke daw.

    Actually they did fix quite a bit if you check the full release notes:

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/101628

    I didnt see this, i was going by the app store release notes! Thank you! I am heading to this now! Until then I’ll pull my post. Hopefully they did something about the save. If they did that i can use it again. TY again.

  • Sentiment > @MrSmileZ said:

    @bluegroove said:

    @MrSmileZ said:

    They didnt fix one thing from 1.0 that sucked, not one. Poor update. Its a fail to me. Most people wont care about the new features unless they want a karaoke daw.

    Actually they did fix quite a bit if you check the full release notes:

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/101628

    I didnt see this, i was going by the app store release notes! Thank you! I am heading to this now! Until then I’ll pull my post. Hopefully they did something about the save. If they did that i can use it again. TY again.

    You are welcome and no worries. I was disappointed by the app store notes at first too, and still wish a few more things were fixed/addressed, but at least it's more than I originally thought.

  • edited May 14

    Ive been making music with Logic since v1. Since the day I first bought it, with its ADB dongle, it’s been able to take everything I’ve thrown at it and finished songs come out the other end.

    Every version brings new capabilities and features and every song I make is still made in Logic. There’s never been a time when I haven’t been able to actually make music with it. The same would also be true had I chosen a different DAW back then such as Cubase instead. Assuming it was still around today obvs. RIP Opcode ;-)

    I can’t think of any issue with it that’s stopping me from making the music I want to make. The new version brings me new sounds and a few nice quality of life improvements, especially on the Mac. I’m pretty excited by it.

    I hope I never become jaded and joyless about music technology. Music is my hobby. I like to like my tools. And like Logic I do. It still blows my mind when I think about what we can do on our little slabs of glass and laptops today.

Sign In or Register to comment.