Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

It's all about the drums..

edited March 2013 in Creations

this very short track was put together in Cubasis..I wanted to see which drums loop apps sounded best for a very realistic sound..All the drums in this are from Drums HD which is a massive loop library in lots of different styles all played by a real drummer and recorded in a pro studio, each loop has various tempos and fills you can choose and evens separate samples you can import and use..Also each loop was recorded with to mics, one modern and one vintage, so you have a choice. It uses ACP to move loops around..it took around 15 minutes to construct the whole loop in Cubasis and I added some reverb and a limiter and a touch of EQ..all the other sound are from the Cubasis factory presets. And the loops were taken from the Soul section. there is a Lite version of this app you can get for free, so if you want very realistic drumming and dont want the hassle of programming this is worth a look. The track itself is nothing special, I would just like to know what you guys think of the drum sound..thanks

Comments

• Is that Drums HD or Drum Loops HD?

• Sorry..my error..it's Drum Loops HD..

• i use Drum Loops HD and I'm very satisfied.I played a demo track to a friend today and he was amazed by the quality.
    wow, nice saxophone in cubasis..

• I'll have to check them out, I picked up Drum Beats+ on sale the other day and that has some pretty good sounds and loops. Of course Drums XD is awesome too!

• edited March 2013

That looks like a great app, but a little pricey. The drums sound good, but I still long for Groove Agent.

• Yeah it is a bit pricey and it's huge at around 850 meg but does get the job done if you want a good quailty loop or two. Someone tell me more about Drum Beats+ I was thinking about getting that and a couple of the IAP's can you ACP, whats the quailty like..Instant Drummer looks OK Too. I have Drums XD But found it difficult to get a clean loop, is that something I am doing wrong..

• @thesoundtestroom and anyone else interested.... If you have Beatmaker 2, I have constructed a custom drum kit (custom mapped...sorry, no general midi) with 450 midi loops included. Custom sampled, panned, volume set, and room effects already applied. Play perfectly at any tempo...these were months of work and lend themselves well to pop/rock genres. So, here's the first of 11 custom kits for free...on me! If you like it....let everybody know. Add this file to your Dropbox, then open BM2, go to Dropbox inside the app...open the DB DRUM FOLDER AND MOVE THE 2 folders along with the.bm2k file over to BM2. When it's done transferring, add keyboard sampler instrument and choose DB Popstudio. Go to track and hit the plus sign to add midi...choose DB pop and your grooves and fills will be there. After that you can add another track with the same sampler and add cymbals or accents without distorting the original midi track...lets blow this up. I'll release the others as I finish them. Enjoy. Here's a clip of just the drums:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5tuu5387k0ulqq/FhfJLSrT1N

• Thanks @DerekBuddemeyer. Checking it out now.

• Very nice!! It'll take some time to digest it all, but I'm loving what I've heard so far!

• edited March 2013

i really like the loops...i will be contacting you ...thank you...just what i needed

• wow drum loops hd....is also awsone...thanks for the info

• @thesoundtestroom - Drum Beats+ has some decent loops and you can change the BPM inside the app itself then AC/AP it into another app. After you download there is one free expansion pack then several IAP's available. Honestly I picked it up free in the beginning of March while it was on sale, not expecting much, but actually found it had some really good sounds and you can star/favorite loops. Sorry it took so long for the reply!

• edited March 2013

what do you think about the drum looper in amplitube they can be used through audiobus..etc

• @kennyrox the problem with drum looper in amplitude is the sound distorts when you change tempo. It needs time stretching.

• I just picked up the extra drum loops in Amplitube the other day. @mgmg4871 couldn't you record it into loopy the time stretch it?

• Yes, that's an option.

• But a little more involved and adds to workflow

• can anybody tell me anything about ..beats plus.. im thinking about making a purchase

• Have a link? I can't find which all you're talking about

• Cheers Derek. I know you put time and sweat into crafting and grafting your drums!! :)

• That is the app...Drum Beats+ (full name... Drum Beats+ (Groove Machine & Rhythm Metronome)), that @JMSexton mentioned earlier in the thread. :)

It's pretty cool, good mix of loops, that can be copied in tempos increasing in 5 bpm increments...i.e 120, 125,130 BPM.

For more precise set BPM in Loopy and paste loop in and back out.

Also recommend DrumsXD, Stochastik, Drum Loops HD

• edited March 2013

Exactly what @SpookyZoo said and that's the app I'm referring to in my post to @thesoundtestroom

I will also echo @SpookyZoo by saying Drums XD is nice and want Drum Loops HD.

@SpookyZoo what is you like about Stochastik?

Edit: haha sorry for mentioning you 3x in one post

• No worries. :) Stochastik's unique selling point is the ability to apply a probability of a drum beat being triggered on each step. So based on your settings you will have multiple variations without the need for programming. It's so easy too.

Great visual tutorial/review from apps4idevices here :) http://apps4idevices.com/read/stochastik-drum-machine-v1-0-0.html

• Derek's Nanostudio drum kits are great too!

• did some research ....drum loops hd is awsome....just paste and your good to go

• @SpookyZoo - Derek's sets are indeed fantastic. Do you find Stochastik being too random with the probability feature?

• That is its strong point. Say you set it to record 12 bars, you now have 12 bars all slightly different, with very minimal effort on your part, no programming. If you like bars 3,7,9 & 12 chop them up somewhere and use them. :) I just think it's a good app to have in your drum arsenal. :)

• edited March 2013

And you yourself can dictate the probability of a drum hit, you swipe up on the beats and choose from never (0%) to always (100% green) and everything in between, so say you swipe up on a beat until its bar is just starting to turn orange, that's approximately a 40% chance that it will be played in a pattern.

I hope it gets Audiobus, I have contacted the developer on a couple of occasions but with no definitive reply. :/

• I do have it but never realized it did that. Thanks for the info I'll have to check it out again