Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New collection of traditional Chinese instruments

This developer has released several instruments over the past month. All traditional Chinese instruments (I think) Each one sells for $2 USD. Now it looks like a bundle is coming if you are interested...

«1

Comments

  • Kong Audio is incredible. I've mucked about with their instruments in the past when I used to be a laptop producer. :)

  • Nice. I already have their Mini DiZi and looking forward to this bundle.

  • Oh my god I’ve been looking at this enviously on pc for so long. This came out of absolutely nowhere! I was posting on here trying to get a suona for so long

  • The mini dizi and suoNa are fantastic. This stuff is a steal at two bucks. The instruments sound soulful and expressive.

  • Oh cool. I will be picking this up.

  • Are there any other vst makers from desktop that might have snuck under my radar onto iOS? I mean world instruments that kind of thing, just interesting unusual stuff. I’ve been wanting a lute too

  • edited March 26

    @wingwizard said:
    Are there any other vst makers from desktop that might have snuck under my radar onto iOS? I mean world instruments that kind of thing, just interesting unusual stuff. I’ve been wanting a lute too

    This one didn’t sneak. I was waiting on the bundle. Kong Audio releasing 4 plugins this past Saturday (in one day) ..with 2 plugins two days prior lead me to contact them and suggest a bundle. To flood the ABF with 6 post from the same dev in two days..is overkill. Plus, I felt a bundle would be the best solution for all the instruments they have on the way! The Chinese Orchestra Full Edition is 33 instruments in total and these were coming in WAY too fast

    I left the above posted information in “Sales” as I was working things out with Kong

  • This is a nice addition to iOS. I would be interested to know how expressive these instruments sound. Beyond sampling, are there articulations included like Jubal flute ? Are the iOS versions reduced versions of their desktop counterparts ? I guess yes, considering the price.

  • edited March 26

    @ninobeatz said:

    @wingwizard said:
    Are there any other vst makers from desktop that might have snuck under my radar onto iOS? I mean world instruments that kind of thing, just interesting unusual stuff. I’ve been wanting a lute too

    This one didn’t sneak. I was waiting on the bundle. Kong Audio releasing 4 plugins this past Saturday (in one day) ..with 2 plugins two days prior lead me to contact them and suggest a bundle. To flood the ABF with 6 post from the same dev in two days..is overkill. Plus, I felt a bundle would be the best solution for all the instruments they have on the way! The Chinese Orchestra Full Edition is 33 instruments in total and these were coming in WAY too fast

    I left the above posted information in “Sales” as I was working things out with Kong

    I meant in terms of my not expecting it. I’m just happy it’s on iOS. There are so many interesting vsts out there. Looking forward to the full orchestra bundle!

    I don’t know how I managed to miss the post so check here every day. I’d been asking about suona here once every six months or something

    Going to be going full farewell my concubine hopefully

  • @wingwizard said:
    Are there any other vst makers from desktop that might have snuck under my radar onto iOS? I mean world instruments that kind of thing, just interesting unusual stuff. I’ve been wanting a lute too

    Audio Modelling were supposed to release some SWAM world/ethnic instruments last year...but they never materialised. They were definitely on the roadmap; I was in touch with them..
    So who knows? They might come in the near future. Which would be very cool.

  • Are these MPE? This collection seems to have the same instruments as the Naada collection on GeoShred, which are very responsive.

  • edited March 26

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Are these MPE? This collection seems to have the same instruments as the Naada collection on GeoShred, which are very responsive.

    They take in Breath control/cc2. In KB-1 (probably others too) you can set slide to cc2, set pitch bend range to 12 semitones in both apps and it works nicely.

  • Have not tried any of these - it is hard for me to imagine that they could rival the Geoshred Naada versions when played on a touchscreen if they are not MPE. Would be curious to hear otherwise

  • DavDav
    edited March 27

    Couldn’t wait for the bundle. Had $25 gift card, so I went ahead and bought 6 or 7 of these instruments (Koala and grand finale 2 took up the rest of the gift card). Some good instrument sounds here. The mini DiZi especially has a lot of character, and the only one I got that has any vibrato to it, which makes it sound more realistic. They are not poly, so just one note sounds at a time when playing the instruments.. Can’t add vibrato to them with my midi controller hooked up, but pitch bends works. Sure wish vibrato could be added to notes. (Using Nektar impact gx mini midi controller)

  • edited March 27

    Any videos of these apps?

  • These have a great 'feel' when played with a wind controller - certainly rival the Naada instruments in this respect, as they can feel a bit stifled (common issue for wind instruments through wind controllers). Very impressive for being sample-based (and the small sizes!)

  • @Dav said:

    They are not poly, so just one note sounds at a time when playing the instruments.

    Don’t know about all of them, but the Sheng is polyphonic, when you switch to keyboard mode, but then it doesn’t react to breath.

  • @Loups said:
    These have a great 'feel' when played with a wind controller - certainly rival the Naada instruments in this respect, as they can feel a bit stifled (common issue for wind instruments through wind controllers). Very impressive for being sample-based (and the small sizes!)

    Do you have any wind controller recommendations? Perhaps one lower cost option and one higher cost option?

  • DavDav
    edited March 27

    @tyslothrop1 said:

    @Dav said:

    They are not poly, so just one note sounds at a time when playing the instruments.

    Don’t know about all of them, but the Sheng is polyphonic, when you switch to keyboard mode, but then it doesn’t react to breath.

    Oh nice. That’s one of them i haven’t tried. Looks like BZ Bells is polyphonic too (touch play). Next gift card I get I plan to grab the rest of the instruments.

  • @Kashi said:

    @wingwizard said:
    Are there any other vst makers from desktop that might have snuck under my radar onto iOS? I mean world instruments that kind of thing, just interesting unusual stuff. I’ve been wanting a lute too

    Audio Modelling were supposed to release some SWAM world/ethnic instruments last year...but they never materialised. They were definitely on the roadmap; I was in touch with them..
    So who knows? They might come in the near future. Which would be very cool.

    Yeah I remember that and the roadmap and being excited and then everything vanishing or being delayed, I was hopeful but then they seemed to indicate they were bringing the sections one to ios

  • edited March 27

    @Gavinski said:
    Have not tried any of these - it is hard for me to imagine that they could rival the Geoshred Naada versions when played on a touchscreen if they are not MPE. Would be curious to hear otherwise

    love naada but it doesn’t have a good suona, it has the Indian equivalent I think but maybe due to playing style it sounds very tame

  • @jamietopol said:

    @Loups said:
    These have a great 'feel' when played with a wind controller - certainly rival the Naada instruments in this respect, as they can feel a bit stifled (common issue for wind instruments through wind controllers). Very impressive for being sample-based (and the small sizes!)

    Do you have any wind controller recommendations? Perhaps one lower cost option and one higher cost option?

    For what it’s worth, I’ve been happy with both the ones I have: The TEC breath controller, which is just the breath controller to be used with a keyboard, and the Robkoo Clarii Mini, which is in a recorded/sax style format. But I’m not sure I’m the best judge of these things. I’ll be interested in Loups’ response.

  • I've been Akai EWIs all the way - currently on the EWI Solo, which I'd heartily recommend as a wind controller. I've played with a few other controllers but always gravitated to Akai, so I'm afraid i can't comment on the broader range out there. This is after years of playing real instruments and seeking a similar playing experience, mind - newcomers might be perfectly happy adding a breath controller to a keyboard.

  • When’s this bloody bundle happening then? I AM GOOD TO GO

  • Oh boy, I know what I'm doing tomorrow after work!

  • Nice! :) $15 for the bundle is a hella great steal.

  • Already bought the lot individually - I'd say 'dang' but actually have no regrets :D Keen for more though - a guan would be nice.

  • Cannot recommend the developers enough! At the time, I made a whole album with the desktop programs of them. Very inspiring to start playing with this instruments.

    on Bandcamp

    chinese works by r.kuhn

    or
    https://open.spotify.com/album/2qlGYkrBTULz5ayC3cx9q4?si=OJw6EK3iQYyVl8pVIqiy0Q

    https://music.apple.com/de/album/chinese-works/1441167862

  • Hello,
    Can people confirm what makes these instruments particularly good, beyond traditional sampling. Are there round robins, legato samples (articulation)? Can modwheel trigger things like expression ?
    Thank you !

Sign In or Register to comment.