Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Amazing Audio Engine...Seriously Amazing!!!

http://theamazingaudioengine.com/

WOW!!! Tried signing up for the newsletter but keep receiving an error message. Great documentation is included and should provide much information & inspiration for current & aspiring developers!

Comments

• edited March 2013

Thanks!

The newsletter signup should work. Most likely you've already been signed up and were getting a weird error message because of that, which you shouldn't get anymore now.

• Sorry for being naive, but is this the public sdk for AB?

• That's what I was thinking

• Sounds like it to me. Hoping it is!

• edited March 2013

Ah well, yes it is. We were (and are) going to announce it publicly tomorrow but you've already found out... :D

With the launch of the Amazing Audio Engine today we feared it's just a bit too much information for bloggers/users/developers to handle at the same time. We didn't want to confuse anyone because both the amazing audio engine and the audiobus sdk are... SDKs/frameworks.

I'd actually appreciate if you could hold back just 24 hours before you tell all your friends :)

• No problem with me Sebastian...since I don't have any friends ;-). Great news though! Sounds like you guys have been busy.

• I sent a mass text to my two friends (wife & dog).....Your secret is safe with me

• No problem with me Sebastian...since I don't have any friends ;-)

You guys rock!

• Rofl...good stuff!

• Just had a look at the Amazing Audio Engine, I am perplexed,this is just amazing........
    Not only on a technical level,but foremost on the political level,where it becomes possible for anybody with talent (without the the need for big cash) to make his own apps.
    Its like the punkrock of programing.Awesome

• punkrock

And it supports waaaay more chords than that.

• Is this also for more consistent MIDI support? Thinking apps install Audiobus they also install MIDI? or is that going to be totally different...

• Rofl Thanks god for that.

• No, this is not about MIDI at all.

• Punk rock doesn't need more chords! (I got to see Glen Matlock and Sylvain Sylvain last Saturday. Fantastic show, and all of us old people loved hearing the classics).

• Ok wasn't sure if that was included or not. Just curious...

• Punk rock doesn't need more chords!

• Got the email that the AB SDK is now public! Woohoo!