Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Whadisay always on retrospective template

I've just posted a handy 'always on' retrospective looper that I mostly run as an AU effect in my main Loopy Pro projects. There is a link to the template in the YouTube description:

Comments

• What an awesome idea!
    I miss this wonderful feature from BIAS FX2. I loved how I was noodling and realized how much I wished I'd recorded that; then to find out it had recorded the entire 5 minutes!!!

I wonder if you are able to increase the retrospect rec time?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    What an awesome idea!
    I miss this wonderful feature from BIAS FX2. I loved how I was noodling and realized how much I wished I'd recorded that; then to find out it had recorded the entire 5 minutes!!!

I wonder if you are able to increase the retrospect rec time?

I think the maximum retrospective loop time is 6:04.

You could achieve the same effect by setting up a circular recording clip. Set it to your desired length. Set overdub feedback level to 0. Turn on auto count out. Set the after record action to overdub.

• Sweet! Haven't tried it yet. Wonder if it will automatically rewrite the first 6 recorded minutes?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Sweet! Haven't tried it yet. Wonder if it will automatically rewrite the first 6 recorded minutes?

If the buffer is 6 minutes long, it always has the last six minutes of audio.

• @Tones4Christ : I was able to set retrospective recording to 8 minutes 3: seconds by setting master length to 128 bars at 60 bpm

• Oh wow! That's awesome! Wonder I that BPM affects delays being played. Or can one do a different BPM and still have same length?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Oh wow! That's awesome! Wonder I that BPM affects delays being played. Or can one do a different BPM and still have same length?

The amount of time a loop takes is determined by length in bars. 60 bpm is is 1 beat per second. So 16 bars of 4/4 is 16 bars times 4 beats per bar * 1 second per beat. 64 seconds.